• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Admissions CERN internship on CV

• Thread starter Silviu
  • Start date
Hello! I was wondering how much does being admitted to CERN Summer Student Program counts for applying to a grad school in USA (and I mean adding this to your CV, personal statement and getting a recommendation letter from your mentor there). Like is this considered as more important than an usual internship (where you talk to a professor and work on a project with him) i.e. does it make your application stand out in any way (assuming that one applies for experimental particle physics for grad school)? Thank you!

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
Gold Member
it can't hurt

it can't hurt
My question was not whether to add it or not to the CV. My question was how much does it actually counts for grad school in USA?

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
Gold Member
any internship doesn't hurt. this is a question you need to discuss with a faculty member at a perspective school to see if it would have any bearing positive or negative.

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
The opportunities you have been given matter less than what you do with those opportunities,

radium

Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Your letter are the most important part of your application, so it depends on the letter you get from the person you work with. However, given that they are at CERN, it is very likely that they are well known and respected, so the letter will carry a lot of weight.