Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CFT on a torus

1. Jul 6, 2015 #1

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Consider the problem of computing the entanglement entropy of two CFTs in the thermofield double state on identical finite intervals in 1+1 dimensions. The Euclidean path integral is then equivalent to computing the 2-point twist correlator on a torus. Given a central charge ##c##, does anyone know of a reference that computes this in the ##c\rightarrow \infty## limit without using holography i.e. without going to the thermal AdS saddle point (I think?) and using Ryu-Takayanagi?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2015 #2

atyy

Science Advisor

What's the paper that calculates it using Ryu-Takayanagi? I guess they don't check the result by another means?

4. Jul 6, 2015 #3

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

I didn't have one in mind; I'm working on the holographic calculation but wanted to see if the CFT calculation was doable in the infinite central charge limit for a finite interval on a torus since the methods of Cardy et al (http://arxiv.org/pdf/0905.4013v2.pdf) to compute the 2-point twist correlations no longer apply to a torus as far as I can tell.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook