Selecting a Chain for 11kW Electric Motor Gearbox

In summary, the required power rating for the electric motor gearbox is 11kW. The appropriate chain size for the gearbox can be determined by considering the power rating, motor speed, and expected load. The recommended type of chain for an 11kW electric motor gearbox is a roller chain. The frequency of chain replacement will depend on various factors, and it is important to regularly inspect and replace the chain if necessary. It is not recommended to use a different type of chain than the one recommended for optimal performance and longevity of the gearbox.
gimini75
Hi I want't your help to learn about chain selection I have an electric motor of 11 kw and a gearbox I want to find a suitable chain can you help me?

Engineering news on Phys.org
YOu can refer any mechanical handbooks or Machinary handbook else give me the details i will direct u to the chain selection

Thanks
Prakash

There is BS standard about common chain size for different tension.
You can have a look in your school database.
The keyword is roller chain specification, something like that.

1. What is the required power rating for the electric motor gearbox?

The required power rating for the electric motor gearbox is 11kW. This means that the gearbox is designed to handle a maximum power output of 11kW from the electric motor.

2. How do I determine the appropriate chain size for the electric motor gearbox?

The appropriate chain size for the electric motor gearbox can be determined by considering the power rating of the gearbox, the speed of the motor, and the expected load on the gearbox. It is important to consult the manufacturer's specifications and recommendations to ensure the correct chain size is selected.

3. What type of chain should I use for an 11kW electric motor gearbox?

The type of chain recommended for an 11kW electric motor gearbox would typically be a roller chain, as it is durable and can handle high power and speed. However, it is important to consult the manufacturer's specifications to ensure the best type of chain is selected for your specific gearbox.

4. How often should the chain be replaced on an 11kW electric motor gearbox?

The frequency of chain replacement for an 11kW electric motor gearbox will depend on various factors such as the quality of the chain, the operating conditions, and the maintenance routine. It is recommended to regularly inspect the chain and replace it if signs of wear or damage are present.

5. Can I use a different type of chain than the one recommended for the electric motor gearbox?

It is not recommended to use a different type of chain than the one recommended for the electric motor gearbox. Different types of chains have different load capacities and may not be suitable for the specific requirements of the gearbox. It is important to consult the manufacturer's recommendations and specifications to ensure the correct chain is selected for optimal performance and longevity of the gearbox.