Challenging Algebra based physics

In summary, the conversation is about finding an algebra based physics book with challenging problems to prepare for an upcoming exam in two weeks. The topics needed for the exam include kinematics, dynamics, gravitation, sound, electricity, electromagnetism, light, and optics. The person initially considered using Randy Knight's Physics for scientists and engineers, but then decides to get an older edition of Serway Physics for scientist and engineers which requires less calculus. Another person suggests this book as a good option and recommends it for its well-written content.
Mastermind01
Hello,

I'm looking for an algebra based physics book with challenging problems. The reasons is because I'm preparing for an exam (in two weeks time) which will have algebra based physics. Here are the topics:

1. Kinematics
2. Dynamics (Newton's laws, Momentum , Work & Energy)
3. Gravitation
4. Sound (Sound wave , echo)
5. Electricity {Electrostatics (basic) , Circuits (Equivalent resistance)}
6. Electromagnetism {Right hand rule , motors , generators}
7. Light , Optics

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind. I think I'll use Randy Knight's Physics for scientists and engineers , which seems to use very little calculus (which I'll skip)

Any suggestions are still welcome.
Thanks

I would get an older edition of Serway Physics for scientist and engineers. Little calculus needed (only for a select problems). The calculus starts appearing more in chapter 23. So you can through a full semester of mechanics and thermo/fluid mechanics and get a lot out of the book. The textbook is well written. I dislike Knight's book.

Mastermind01 said:
Never mind. I think I'll use Randy Knight's Physics for scientists and engineers , which seems to use very little calculus (which I'll skip)

Any suggestions are still welcome.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471940003/?tag=pfamazon01-20

This is probably one of the better algebra based physics books. Enjoy.

1. What is challenging algebra based physics?

Challenging algebra based physics is a branch of physics that requires students to apply advanced algebraic concepts and equations to solve complex problems in the field of physics.

2. Why is algebra important in physics?

Algebra is important in physics because it provides a way to mathematically describe and analyze physical phenomena. It allows us to model and predict the behavior of objects in motion, and to understand the relationships between different physical quantities.

3. What are some common challenges of studying challenging algebra based physics?

Some common challenges of studying challenging algebra based physics include understanding and applying complex mathematical concepts, visualizing abstract concepts, and being able to think critically and logically to solve problems.

4. How can I improve my skills in challenging algebra based physics?

To improve your skills in challenging algebra based physics, it is important to practice regularly and work through a variety of problems. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to gain a better understanding of the subject.

5. What are some real-world applications of challenging algebra based physics?

Challenging algebra based physics has many real-world applications, such as designing new technologies and understanding natural phenomena. It is used in fields such as engineering, astronomy, and medicine to solve complex problems and make advancements in these areas.