Change Username: Stephen Tashi or tashirosgt

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the process for changing your username on a platform or system will require you to go to your account settings or profile page and edit your username, saving changes and possibly entering your current password. There may be limitations on what characters can be used and it is important to check the guidelines before attempting to change your username. Changing your username will not significantly affect your account, but some links or mentions of your old username may no longer work. The ability to change your username multiple times will depend on the platform, with some allowing unlimited changes and others having limits or waiting periods. There is no right or wrong answer for using a real name or a username, it is a matter of personal preference and following platform guidelines.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
I'd prefer that my user name be my name "Stephen Tashiro" or my favorite internet nickname "tashirosgt". The "Stephen Tashi" seems to come from a limitation on how many characters your registration form accepted.

Physics news on Phys.org
You'll have to send a PM to one of the Administrators about this. Click on the "Staff" link at the top of any page and scroll down to the "Administrators" section. (There are only two Administrators.)

1. What is the process for changing my username?

The process for changing your username will depend on the specific platform or system you are using. In general, you will need to access your account settings or profile page and look for an option to edit your username. This may require you to enter your current password for security purposes. Once you have changed your username, be sure to save your changes.

2. Can I change my username to anything I want?

Most platforms or systems will have limitations on what characters can be used in a username. This is usually to ensure that usernames are easy to remember and type, and to prevent offensive or inappropriate usernames. It's always a good idea to check the guidelines or terms of service for the platform before attempting to change your username.

3. Will changing my username affect my account in any way?

In most cases, changing your username will not affect your account in any significant way. However, it's possible that some links or mentions of your old username may no longer work. It's also important to note that changing your username will not delete any of your account's content or followers.

4. Can I change my username multiple times?

This will also depend on the specific platform or system you are using. Some may allow you to change your username as many times as you want, while others may have a limit or require a waiting period between changes. Again, it's best to check the platform's guidelines before attempting to change your username multiple times.

5. Is it better to use my real name or a username?

There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Some people prefer to use their real name for a more professional or personal touch, while others prefer to use a username for privacy or creativity. Ultimately, it's up to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. Just remember to follow any guidelines or rules set by the platform when choosing a username.