Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage?

• Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
In summary, a user is experiencing an issue with their key script not working in edit mode. They have checked for updates and restarted their machine, but the issue persists. The key script works in other applications but not in Chrome. They speculate that there may be an issue with Chrome as it functions as its own operating system. However, the issue is resolved after restarting the machine.
fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2023 Award
Is there a reason I cannot use my key script in edit mode anymore? This would be a massive disadvantage!

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyway: my programmed shortcuts don't apply anymore. E.g. 'ctrl+m' for '\longmapsto'. And yes, it is not a local problem since it works in notepad and other script editors, however, not here as I am writing this.

I observed while checking other editors that it does not work in Chrome. I will check Opera.

Damn Google.

Sorry,

I take back all I said and claim the opposite.

It works again after a restart of the machine. But what the heck was it, that worked everywhere except on Chrome?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The Grrremlins have attacked... The Grrremlins have attacked!
Push that magic Power button NOW.
:eek: o_O

1. What is "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage"?

"Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" is a term used in scientific research to describe a change in the experimental conditions or procedures that significantly affects the results of a study.

2. How does "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" impact scientific research?

"Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" can greatly impact scientific research by altering the outcome of a study and potentially invalidating the results. It can also make it difficult to replicate the study and draw accurate conclusions.

3. What are some examples of "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" in scientific studies?

Examples of "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" include changes in equipment, procedures, or variables during an experiment, changes in the environment or conditions under which the experiment is conducted, and changes in the sample size or composition.

4. How can scientists avoid "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" in their research?

To avoid "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage," scientists should carefully plan and design their experiments, clearly document all procedures and conditions, and minimize any potential changes during the course of the study. It is also important to thoroughly analyze and interpret any unexpected results.

5. What are the potential consequences of "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" in a scientific study?

The consequences of "Edit Mode Change: Major Disadvantage" can include inaccurate or unreliable results, wasted time and resources, and a lack of confidence in the validity of the study. It can also lead to difficulties in publishing and replicating the study, which can hinder the progress of scientific research.