Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Change of field

  1. Aug 15, 2008 #1
    I'm about to complete a PhD in computational materials science.

    However, moving on, educational research seems interesting to me. What are some ways in which I can make the move? Start doing a literature search on my own, then when I've identified a problem, then knock on someone's doors and prove to him that I know enough to carry on?

    Right now I am earning my keep by doing teaching in a polytechnic, and improving the way teaching is done and understanding how people learn has piqued my interest.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2008 #2
    You can most likely complete your PhD and do this research while being a professor in a college. Scott Freeman, a biologist originally if I recall correctly, is very into educational research for example.
  4. Aug 16, 2008 #3
    Tensor with the field of education.
  5. Aug 16, 2008 #4
    http://info.phys.cmu.edu/people/faculty/reif/" [Broken].
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook