Changed my first tire

wolram

Gold Member
Hah, my dad was just at a HD dealership the other day getting stuff (to rejet his bike ironically) and there was an old guy behind the service desk he got talking to. Apparently this guy ranted on and on for about an hour about how fuel injection has ruined the harley davidson motorcycle and it was only done for rich sobs that couldn't figure out how to work a choke. This guys sounded like quite a character from the sounds of things.
Your dad should have listened to him, electronics has ruined DIY repairs, i will not buy an auto governed by transistors, the techno age is just a fad designed for dependence on the service industry.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Too bad she just put the same tire on that she had just taken off rather than the spare. :biggrin: (The spare was on a different rim.) It would have been much better if she had shown the more realistic version where someone hasn't already loosened the lug nuts for you and you have to jump up and down on the lug wrench to get them started off. I'm sure the guys would have found that addition...um...helpful...too.

I did really like the "tips" at the bottom that recommended using your insurance or auto club services whenever possible. :rofl: Yep, the easiest way to change your tire is to call the auto club. :rofl:
Yes, a four-way works much better. The lug wrenches that are supplied by the manufacturer are only good for taking the hubcap off and operating the jack.

I didn't even notice the tips at the bottom. I was busy paying attention to what Madeline was saying o:).

I want to see the video where she shows how to put gouges in the passenger side of your car while backing up!