1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Changing my field

1. May 4, 2009 #1
    I live in India. I am currently in 2nd year doing a degree in engineering in Information Technology. I don't find the course interesting. I am totally bugged up. The pure theoretical courses bug me up. When I entered it I had thought they would contain courses on Programming languages and algorithms and stuff like that. But now I find that there are only one course per semester like that which I can study. About the rest of the courses I would rather not speak.

I am highly interested in Physics, Mathematics and Computers and I want to do a Ph.D. in Physics.

Now there are two ways I can do that. The first one is to continue with my B.Tech. and study Physics side by side(already started) and give exams for entrance into a good Graduate program. The second is to drop my B.Tech. and do a B.S. in Physics.
    Which one would be better?

First one would be more hectic and I don't know whether I would be able to handle the courses of my B.Tech. this way.
    The second one would take a longer time.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted