Fixing Post Editing Issues

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the problems of editing and saving changes to posts after initial submission, including issues with going to advanced and saving changes, and incorrect displays of equations in the TeX display window. It is also mentioned that posts can only be edited within a 24-hour window and that some browsers may not automatically reload after changes are made.
ehrenfest
I am having serious problems editing and saving changes to posts after I initially submit. Sometimes I need to go to advanced and then save changes and sometimes even that does not work. Sometimes things show up that are clearly not in the source :

Look at post 7 here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=181700

Physics news on Phys.org
ehrenfest said:
I am having serious problems editing and saving changes to posts after I initially submit. Sometimes I need to go to advanced and then save changes and sometimes even that does not work. Sometimes things show up that are clearly not in the source :
If after editing TeX, the new TeX looks unchanged or messed up, refresh the page.

Posts can not be edited outside a 24-hour window following the original post time.

The only weirdness I see there is that \partial (from the last equation line) looks split up (as \par tial) in the pop-up TeX display window. I don't know why it's displaying that way. But all the LaTeX implementation looks fine to me.

You're right. It corrected itself after I reloaded. However, it took me tons of time to figure out that I needed to reload. Maybe that is a problem that it does not do it automatically when you press save.

We cannot force your browser to reload things; all we can do is provide it hints (like pragma: no-cache). Some browsers completely ignore these hints.

- Warren

I see. Perhaps the Firefox Mozilla 2.0.0.6 has already resolved it.

What are some common post editing issues?

Some common post editing issues include spelling and grammar errors, incorrect information, inconsistent formatting, and missing citations.

How can I prevent post editing issues?

To prevent post editing issues, it is important to carefully proofread and fact-check your work before publishing. It can also be helpful to have a colleague or editor review your work for any errors or inconsistencies.

What should I do if I notice post editing issues after publishing?

If you notice post editing issues after publishing, you should correct the errors as soon as possible. Depending on the severity of the errors, you may also want to issue a correction or apology to your readers.

What impact can post editing issues have on my work?

Post editing issues can have a negative impact on the credibility and professionalism of your work. They can also lead to confusion or misinformation for your readers.

Are there any tools or resources available to help with post editing?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help with post editing, such as spell checkers, grammar checkers, and plagiarism detectors. It can also be helpful to consult style guides or seek feedback from colleagues or editors.