Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Changing posts

1. Aug 28, 2007 #1
    I am having serious problems editing and saving changes to posts after I initially submit. Sometimes I need to go to advanced and then save changes and sometimes even that does not work. Sometimes things show up that are clearly not in the source :

Look at post 7 here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=181700

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2007 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If after editing TeX, the new TeX looks unchanged or messed up, refresh the page.

Posts can not be edited outside a 24-hour window following the original post time.

The only weirdness I see there is that \partial (from the last equation line) looks split up (as \par tial) in the pop-up TeX display window. I don't know why it's displaying that way. But all the LaTeX implementation looks fine to me.

4. Aug 29, 2007 #3
    You're right. It corrected itself after I reloaded. However, it took me tons of time to figure out that I needed to reload. Maybe that is a problem that it does not do it automatically when you press save.

5. Aug 29, 2007 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We cannot force your browser to reload things; all we can do is provide it hints (like pragma: no-cache). Some browsers completely ignore these hints.

- Warren

6. Aug 29, 2007 #5
    I see. Perhaps the Firefox Mozilla 2.0.0.6 has already resolved it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?