Changing the present by changing the past

• Thread starter jaynebeal
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have two children....they are 9 and 7 years old. If some one wanted to erase them b4 they were born would it be possible to do so? I mean I wouldn't just wake up one day with one child and no knowledge of the other, living in a different house..etc, etc.

Answers and Replies

verty
Homework Helper
If they were erased, you wouldn't exist.

er.....why would I not exist if my children were erased?

verty
Homework Helper
'You' is a rigid designator of course, so you wouldn't exist. It would be a different you.

Understood and thought of, thanks...but the question remains..is it possible to erase someone backward?

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Understood and thought of, thanks...but the question remains..is it possible to erase someone backward?
Well, since you asked the question, is there anything that makes you think it is possible?

verty
Homework Helper
but the question remains..is it possible to erase someone backward?
I would say that possibility requires a mechanism. Unless you can come up with a mechanism for one to travel through time, forget it.

HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
If you fantasizing about your children not existing you are a ...

Well, actually, you're just a parent. I understand and sympathise!

russ_watters
Mentor
I think I saw this movie... You know, it was that one where that guy kept going back to the future and the past? I think it was called....

The Time Machine

Last edited:
What about
The Forgotten?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you fantasizing about your children not existing you are a ...

Well, actually, you're just a parent. I understand and sympathise!
:rofl: Good to see you down here in the dungeon for a change!

It actually is possible. Just kill them and bury them somewhere they will never be found. The only thing u have to do after that is cause such braindamage in urself that u will have forgotten ur past.

Mk
I don't know about you, but this guy sounds kinda creepy to me.

"If you wanted to get rid of a child and make sure no body knew they existed, how would you do it?"

yea, sounds kinda nutty. lol

I'll go with verty on this one. If it could be done, your parents would have done it to you.

Danger
Gold Member
I know one little bastard who should be the poster-child for retroactive abortion; unfortunately, it isn't possible. :grumpy:

I came here from sciforums to get away from the nutjobs. Well, at least they're less prominant here.

But yeah, I agree, not possible. My parents would've done it already.

GCT
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I have two children....they are 9 and 7 years old. If some one wanted to erase them b4 they were born would it be possible to do so? I mean I wouldn't just wake up one day with one child and no knowledge of the other, living in a different house..etc, etc.
I've never encountered such a "profoundly" stupid question before...the moron has been exposed....

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Okay, I think this has gone on long enough. I'm pulling the plug.