1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chapter 5/6 from Lamarsh to study Neutron diffusion / nuclear theory

1. Jan 17, 2017 #1
    Hi, is it hard to study Neutron diffusion / nuclear theory from Introduction to nuclear engineering Lamarsh without a teacher ? , noticing that I will be taking Nuclear theory course on the next semester.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2017 #2
    No, IMO it's a pretty well written book. You should be able to understand quite a bit, get a good jump start on the class. Only downside I can think of is I believe some of the solutions to a few problems have errors, depending on which edition you're using.

But even later into my more advanced classes I'd still refer to that book. I liked it.

4. Oct 19, 2017 at 1:32 AM #3

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I prefer the old 1963 Glasstone & Sessonske , just one man's opinion though. It's the one we used in my class about 1968. I found his presentation clearer.
    I really liked the section on Instrumentation and control but it's not in their newer editions

If you can find a copy of this one that's reasonably priced i'd say get it too.
    Has Yankee Rowe on the dust jacket
    upload_2017-10-19_1-21-34.png

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted