Charge electric car from dryer plug?

• Thread starter MTurner
  • Start date
what can we infer about people from oregon and jersy?

hhmmmm....

dr

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
what can we infer about people from oregon and jersy?
They have elected representatives who are both concerned for their welfare and aware of the dangers of volatile hydrocarbons?

Borek

Mentor
They have elected representatives
I think it would be wise to stop here.

elected officials with concern?
isn't that like military intellegence?

lol (and no offence ment to anyone)

dr

OmCheeto

Gold Member
They have elected representatives who are both concerned for their welfare and aware of the dangers of volatile hydrocarbons?
Actually, it was our idea.

wiki on filling stations said:
In 1982, Oregon voters rejected a ballot measure sponsored by the service station owners, which would have legalized self-service gas.
It never stops raining here you know.

Plus, it keeps our 18 year olds busy.

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Having used self service only for decades in the UK, it was refreshing to be served at the pumps by someone in the 'backwoods' of New Hampshire, recently. Where would the movies have been without all those scenes where the couple drive into the gas station and we wonder whether the attendant will spot that they're escaped villains as he cleans their windshield - then he gets shot and they drive off leaving the hose spraying petrol all over the forecourt. I bet the 'officials' didn't think of that scenario in their zeal for safety! That wouldn't happen in self service.
I also got to use a non-automatic pump for the first time in 45 years of driving. I stood like a lemon until I realised you have to move the lever over durrr.