Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Charlatans advertising on PF

1. May 2, 2007 #1

Mentz114

Gold Member

I was shocked to see this ad,
    http://www.dreammanifesto.com/wizard...FR8-EAoddnPhRw appearing in the Google section. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. I assume the forum has no control over this but it is almost insulting to have garbage like this advertised in a physics forum.

Or is it a triumph of entrepreneurial spirit over mere truth ?

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2007 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The admins have some control over it. Greg routinely bans crackpot ads. We just need for people to point them out. Policing the ads is too big a job for just a few people to do, so we rely on folks like you to help. Thanks for pointing this out.

4. May 2, 2007 #3

Mentz114

Gold Member

It's my pleasure, Tom. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that scams like this go on. Reading through the posts in this section for the first time I came across a mentor saying something like 'it's not our job to stop people making a buck from the gullible ...' - not a verbatim quote but that's what was meant.

Brings to mind - 'If only the good were clever, and the clever good'.

5. May 3, 2007 #4
    Ad has been removed. thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?