What are some methods for calculating point positions in a geometric chassis?

In summary, the conversation discusses the attempt to calculate the spatial position of points in a mechanic structure consisting of 3 triangles. Various methods, such as using sinus and cosinus methods and circumferences, were tried but the solution could not be found due to the unknown M distance. The individual is seeking suggestions or alternative methods to try.
SteveJK
Hi,

I'm trying to calculate the position of the points from a struture like the picture attached. This is a mechanic structure that consist on 3 triangles (blue, orange and green), i know all the triangles sides lengths and also their angles (and some more colored in green). My objective is to find the spatial position (x, y coordinates) of any the points of the structure.

I tried to solve it using sinus and cosinus methods, but i can't find the solution because i always crash with the M distance because it is unknown. I tried another methods but without success...

Any suggestion or method to try?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Triangles.jpg
    Triangles.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 403
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi again, i also tried thinking like circumferences, and finding their crossing points.

1. What are chassis geometric equations?

Chassis geometric equations are mathematical formulas that are used to determine the optimal design and setup of a vehicle's chassis. They take into account various factors such as weight distribution, suspension geometry, and wheelbase to ensure the vehicle's stability and handling.

2. Why are chassis geometric equations important?

Chassis geometric equations are important because they directly affect the performance and safety of a vehicle. By using these equations, engineers can design a chassis that is balanced, stable, and responsive, which ultimately leads to better handling and control on the road.

3. How do chassis geometric equations impact vehicle handling?

The chassis geometric equations determine the placement and angles of various components within the chassis, such as the suspension, steering, and wheels. These factors have a direct impact on the vehicle's handling and can greatly affect its ability to turn, accelerate, and brake efficiently.

4. Can chassis geometric equations be applied to all types of vehicles?

Yes, chassis geometric equations can be applied to all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, and even bicycles. The principles and calculations may vary slightly depending on the type of vehicle, but the overall concept remains the same.

5. How do changes in chassis geometric equations affect a vehicle's performance?

Even small changes in chassis geometric equations can have a significant impact on a vehicle's performance. For example, adjusting the weight distribution can affect the balance and handling of the vehicle, while changing the suspension geometry can impact its stability and responsiveness. Therefore, it is crucial to carefully consider and calculate these equations when designing or modifying a vehicle's chassis.