What's Happening at the Physics Forums Chat Event on Sept. 24?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, chat events are back and will be scheduled twice a week. The first chat will be tomorrow on Thursday, September 25 at 3:00pm and 8:00pm central time. The chat forum can be found under pf community or through a provided link. The specific time zone is unclear.
The chat events are back baby! I know it's short notice, but I would like to start scheduling them again for twice a week at a certain time.

The first chat to get things rolling will be tomorrow Thursday Sept. 25 at 3:00pm and at 8:00pm central time. You'll find the chat forum under pf community or follow this link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=32

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hm, today is a Thursday.

Today is 25 September.

Greg must mean a different year, 2009 perhaps?

Also, it's 3 to 8pm 'central time'. I wonder, is that in the US, or Australia (or somewhere else)?

Originally posted by Nereid
Also, it's 3 to 8pm 'central time'. I wonder, is that in the US, or Australia (or somewhere else)?
Half past a roo??

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Half past a roo??

be there for the later one. Java chat does't work through firewalls:frown:

?

What the heck is a chat event?

central time=CET?

Central time ...
CDT (i.e. not EDT, MDT, PDT)
Central Australian time
CET
{insert additions here}

1. What is the purpose of Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24?

The purpose of Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24 is to bring together scientists, researchers, and experts in various fields to discuss and share their knowledge and insights on a particular topic or theme.

2. How can I participate in Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24?

To participate in Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24, you can register or sign up for the event through the designated platform or website. There may also be specific instructions on how to join the chat or discussion at a certain time.

3. What topics will be discussed during Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24?

The topics for Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24 will vary depending on the theme or focus of the event. These may range from current scientific research and discoveries to discussions on issues and challenges facing the scientific community.

4. Can I ask questions during Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24?

Yes, Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24 is designed to be interactive and encourages participants to ask questions and engage in discussions with the speakers and other attendees. There may be designated times for Q&A sessions during the event.

5. Is there a cost to attend Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24?

The cost to attend Chat Event Thursday Sept. 24 may vary depending on the organizer and the platform used for the event. Some events may be free to attend, while others may require a registration fee or ticket purchase. It is best to check the event details for more information.