Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chat tomorrow - Sunday

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Chat last Sunday was hysterical!! I think it's one of the best chats we've had.

Chat will start at 10 AM CST at the same place.

If you've lost the URL, let me know.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2009 #2
    lol I wonder what name I will get this time?

4. Jan 10, 2009 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I hope "BookWorm" will be there :)

5. Jan 10, 2009 #4

turbo

Gold Member

I hope the Alaskan dude shows up again. He was freaked by the activity, but remembered that he and I had talked about guns and food over there.

6. Jan 10, 2009 #5

Evo

ManlyFragrance was great. What was with the toe fetish? Does anyone remember the names?

I thought I was going to bust a gut when everyone started changing names. :rofl:

7. Jan 10, 2009 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

HappyBubbles!! hee hee

8. Jan 10, 2009 #7

Evo

Yeah, we frightened that other guy away "OMG, we've been invaded!"

9. Jan 10, 2009 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder if word of the invasion has gotten out? We might make more new friends tomorrow.

10. Jan 11, 2009 #9

turbo

Gold Member

PoopyKnickers.

11. Jan 11, 2009 #10

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Frangrant Manliness and Shy Toe :biggrin:
    Did someone unconnected to pf turn up? I was thinking how funny it would be if that happened!

12. Jan 11, 2009 #11

turbo

Gold Member

Oh, yeah. One of the BAUT regulars wandered into chat and went "what the hey?"..... He's a pretty nice guy (in my book, anyway) since he likes cooking and shooting, so I hope he drops in tomorrow. If he doesn't, I might shoot him a PM, anyway.

13. Jan 11, 2009 #12

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Amazing!:smile:

14. Jan 11, 2009 #13

Borek

Seems like my internet will be the same old s*.* today, so chances of getting into chat are slim.

Hopefully I will have new uplink next week, so far my efforts to get something were futile. My phone line is registered as bussiness, and most internet providers treat this market segment as milking cow - so good offers are not for me. I found an offer that more or less suits me, but it requires hardware that I don't have and don't plan to buy as to some extent it will duplicate (or even triplicate) what I already have. I need just an ADSL Ethernet modem, but I can either buy cheap USB modem (that I can't connect to my router) or much more expensive ADSL modem/router (I don't need another router). I will probably go for the latter solution (even if I don't like it), Junior promised to bring modem/router that one of his friends has lying unused in some dark corner.

15. Jan 11, 2009 #14

turbo

Gold Member

Sorry to hear about that, Borek. I have an old DSL converter and a wireless router kicking around, but there is little chance that either of them would be of any use to you, or I'd send them right off. This is 3-5 year old technology that will likely end up in the landfill.

16. Jan 11, 2009 #15

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Were we all in the same place :uhh:.

17. Jan 11, 2009 #16

Evo

There was an Evo impersonator today. :frown:

18. Jan 17, 2009 #17

Evo

Just a reminder for tomorrow.

19. Jan 17, 2009 #18

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*puts Evo jacket on*

Oh hey! Didn't see you guys there :redface:

20. Jan 17, 2009 #19

turbo

Gold Member

Is that the special bubble-wrap duvet jacket with the advanced anti-flatulence features that Woolie has been working on? Could be a central plot device in the next James Bond flick!!

21. Jan 17, 2009 #20

turbo

Gold Member

Kick her! Hit her with a stick! Push her down the stairs! She can't be injured! AND if you order now... if she farts, you won't hear or smell it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?