Science Chat Rooms: Looking for People to Talk To

• Thread starter PhysMaster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, the speaker is looking for a chat room where they can discuss science topics with like-minded individuals. They have not had success with previous chat rooms as they were not focused on scientific discussions. They prefer forums because it helps them express themselves more concisely and think before typing. However, they are open to finding a chat room that combines both chatting and learning about physics. The conversation also touches on the difference between chatting and discussing physics, and the speaker expresses hope that others will start posting on the forum.
PhysMaster
Is there any website etc. where I can chat with other science people genuinely? Physics Forums doesn't have chat. Does it?
I am looking for chat rooms which are particularly discussing matters of physics, chemistry, any engineering, or any other scientific subject.
I tried some but people are just talking about garbage there!

May be u know someone who likes to chat like me.

I hope somebody can help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
I felt bad that no one replied to this post, so I thought I would. I like forums because it helps me to express myself more concisely. Also, it forces me to think before I type!

To me, chatting is like a phone conversation and I really don't have time for that. But I hope that you will start posting to this forum!

actionintegral said:
I felt bad that no one replied to this post, so I thought I would. I like forums because it helps me to express myself more concisely. Also, it forces me to think before I type!

To me, chatting is like a phone conversation and I really don't have time for that. But I hope that you will start posting to this forum!

Of course, I like posting here and it is very helpful. I think people didn't replied to my post bcoz they think that I don't want to use this forum. It is not like that. I am in search for a chat room like that bcoz it will help me to make instant exchange of info. And it will help me to know more and more people who are interested in the career same as mine.

And what is "chatting"?
Prattling about whether Einstein was wrong or not, or discoursing what fancy physics we might get by "combining" fracture mechanics, quantum electrodynamics and the philosophy of Henri Bergson?

I think Physicsforums is where you want to go if you want to learn physics while talking, if you just want to talk about physics, you can still go here, or somewhere else if you fancy.

I agree with the preceding posts. Some people tend to use forums as chat rooms, so I avoid threads with large number of posts.

Speaking of which, this thread is going off topic so I'm outta here!:smile:

What is a science chat room?

A science chat room is an online platform where individuals can connect and communicate with others who share an interest in science. These chat rooms provide a space for discussing various scientific topics and sharing knowledge and ideas.

How can I find science chat rooms?

There are several ways to find science chat rooms. You can search for them online, join science-related forums or social media groups, or ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues who are also interested in science.

What topics can I discuss in a science chat room?

The topics discussed in science chat rooms can vary depending on the members and the purpose of the chat room. Some common topics include recent scientific discoveries, ongoing research, and debates on scientific theories. Some chat rooms may also focus on specific branches of science, such as biology, physics, or astronomy.

Are there any rules in science chat rooms?

Yes, most science chat rooms have guidelines and rules to ensure a respectful and productive discussion. These rules may include refraining from using offensive language, respecting others' opinions, and providing credible sources for any claims made.

Can anyone join a science chat room?

Yes, anyone with an interest in science can join a science chat room. However, it is important to follow the rules and guidelines set by the chat room to maintain a positive and informative environment for all members.