Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chatting about science

1. Jun 21, 2006 #1
    Is there any website etc. where I can chat with other science people genuinely? Physics Forums doesn't have chat. Does it?
    I am looking for chat rooms which are particularly discussing matters of physics, chemistry, any engineering, or any other scientific subject.
    I tried some but people are just talking about garbage there!

May be u know someone who likes to chat like me.

I hope somebody can help me.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2006 #2
    I felt bad that noone replied to this post, so I thought I would. I like forums because it helps me to express myself more concisely. Also, it forces me to think before I type!

To me, chatting is like a phone conversation and I really don't have time for that. But I hope that you will start posting to this forum!
  4. Jun 27, 2006 #3

Of course, I like posting here and it is very helpful. I think people didn't replied to my post bcoz they think that I don't want to use this forum. It is not like that. I am in search for a chat room like that bcoz it will help me to make instant exchange of info. And it will help me to know more and more people who are interested in the career same as mine.
  5. Jun 27, 2006 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

And what is "chatting"?
    Prattling about whether Einstein was wrong or not, or discoursing what fancy physics we might get by "combining" fracture mechanics, quantum electrodynamics and the philosophy of Henri Bergson?
  6. Jun 27, 2006 #5

I think Physicsforums is where you want to go if you want to learn physics while talking, if you just want to talk about physics, you can still go here, or somewhere else if you fancy.
  7. Jun 28, 2006 #6
    I agree with the preceding posts. Some people tend to use forums as chat rooms, so I avoid threads with large number of posts.

Speaking of which, this thread is going off topic so I'm outta here!:smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?