Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cheap Vibrators

1. Nov 8, 2007 #1

Danger

Gold Member

Alright, ladies... I've discovered a wonderful new device...

ahem...

W does a lot of lifting at work, and needs back/neck/shoulder rubs almost every night. Back when I had a 390 lb. grip, I could give massages for hours; the arthritis has cut it down to a couple of minutes.
    Considering how many Spinbrush toothbrushes I've disassembled to get the motors, I can't believe that I never discovered this until this morning. When you just remove the head with the bristles on it, you're left with a very rapidly moving piston exposed. It gives awesome massages, but you might want to attach something like a pencil eraser when using it on bony areas like elbows.
    I suspect that brazing a tungsten carbide tip to it instead of an eraser might also allow it to function as a low-power engraver.
    For someone with sore muscles, it might be worth shelling out the $7.00 or whatever to give it a try.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2007 #2
    Ahahah:redface: I mean, yea cool..sore tense muscles:!!)

4. Nov 8, 2007 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Hmmm...
    If a pencil eraser does it for you, you must have guys lined up around the block. Uhh, I misplaced my address book. Please be so kind as to PM me the information that got, er... lost. :uhh:

5. Nov 9, 2007 #4
    Its the tungsten carbide tip that really makes me swoon, a girls best friend is her "engraver".

6. Nov 10, 2007 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Reminds me of the old joke about the definition of a 'tough woman'...
    she hand-rolls her own tampons and kick-starts her vibrator.

7. Nov 10, 2007 #6
    you've must have done well in creative writing class :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?