Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a new Twitter client called SpreadTweet, which looks like a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and allows users to freely post to Twitter without their boss knowing. The conversation also mentions the potential for using RSS feeds in Excel and suggests forwarding the idea to Greg for development. One person mentions their previous experience with their boss blocking a website because of their use of it.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you're a Twitter addict but work in an office that doesn't condone your tweeting habits, you have a few options: You could actually do work; you could make yourself paranoid by looking over your shoulder as you post, or you could download SpreadTweet, an Adobe AIR-based Twitter client that looks exactly like a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet. It'll let you post to Twitter freely, and when the boss walks by behind you, he'll think you're working--as long as he doesn't lean into see which spreadsheet you're working on...
http://www.appscout.com/2009/04/spreadtweet_makes_your_twitter.php

I had to laugh when I saw this, but really it is quite sleezy.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.appscout.com/2009/04/spreadtweet_makes_your_twitter.php

I had to laugh when I saw this, but really it is quite sleezy.
Please forward to Greg to develop a PF skin.

No, seriously.

DaveC426913 said:
Please forward to Greg to develop a PF skin.

No, seriously.

I could have used that at my last job. My boss actually had IT block PF for the whole school just because of me.

1. What is SpreadTweet?

SpreadTweet is a software program that allows users to post tweets on Twitter in a spreadsheet format. It is designed to make managing and scheduling tweets easier for businesses and individuals.

2. How does Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet work?

Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet is a guide that teaches users how to use SpreadTweet effectively and efficiently to increase their presence on Twitter. It provides tips and tricks on how to maximize the features of the software for optimal results.

3. Is Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet suitable for beginners?

Yes, Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet is suitable for both beginners and experienced Twitter users. It provides a step-by-step guide on how to use SpreadTweet and does not require any prior knowledge of the software.

4. Can I use SpreadTweet for personal and business purposes?

Yes, SpreadTweet is suitable for both personal and business purposes. It offers various features such as scheduling tweets, tracking analytics, and managing multiple accounts, making it useful for individuals and businesses alike.

5. Is Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet safe to use?

Yes, both SpreadTweet and Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet are safe to use. SpreadTweet is a legitimate software program, and Cheat Your Way to Twitter with SpreadTweet is a reputable guide written by experts in the field of social media marketing.