Check Paper: Describe Apparatus, Sensor, Data, Physics, Writing

In summary, the speaker is asking for someone to check their paper, which is due in an hour. They mention that it is 2 pages long with additional figures, and they are specifically looking for feedback on how well they met the given criteria. They also clarify that they are missing data and don't expect feedback on that aspect. The criteria include describing an apparatus and sensor, providing data and analysis, discussing the physics involved, and being careful with writing. The speaker mentions that they were unable to get feedback from someone in real life and had to resort to posting it last minute.
BiGyElLoWhAt
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone wanted to check a paper for me, it's only about 2 pages long worth of actual paper, plus a couple pages of figures. I have to turn it in today (in about an hour), and was wondering how well people think I met the criteria listed below before turning it in. I know I'm missing the data, so don't worry about #3.
Thanks in advance.

Homework Statement

Here's the criteria:
1) Describe your apparatus and how it works.

2) Describe how the sensor works.

3) Show your data, provide some analysis - There is temperature dependence in a single location on time, and then there is the propagation across the whole bar, etc.

4) What is the physics of the situation.

5) be careful on your writing. You should not be turning in a first draft.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

See attached.

Attachments

• Thermal Array Report.docx
    165.4 KB · Views: 144
Physics news on Phys.org
In the future, you're going to need to give us more time for the feedback you want.

Yea, I know, I was trying to get someone in real life to check it, but no one could/would, so it was a last minute decision to toss it up.

What is the purpose of a check paper?

The purpose of check paper is to provide a standard reference material for testing the accuracy and precision of scientific instruments, such as balances, thermometers, and pH meters.

What is an apparatus in relation to check paper?

An apparatus refers to the equipment or tools used in conducting experiments or measurements. In the context of check paper, the apparatus may include a balance, thermometer, or pH meter that is being tested for accuracy.

What is the role of a sensor in check paper?

A sensor is a device that measures a physical quantity, such as temperature or pressure. In check paper, sensors are used to detect and record any variations or errors in the measurements made by the apparatus being tested.

How is data collected and analyzed in check paper?

Data is typically collected by performing multiple measurements with the apparatus and recording the results. These results are then analyzed to determine the accuracy and precision of the apparatus. Statistical methods may be used to calculate the mean, standard deviation, and other parameters to evaluate the data.

What is the importance of understanding physics in check paper?

Physics is crucial in check paper as it provides the fundamental principles and theories that govern the behavior of the apparatus being tested. Understanding the physics behind the measurements allows for a better interpretation of the data and identification of potential sources of error.