How Does Using BBCode Affect Features in Visual Editors?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the forum allows you to enter some "invisible tags" - they occur in pairs - start and finish. Tags that work are [B] and [I], but other tags do not work. The last icon on the bar (bbCode) lets you type those tag things in, but you lose other features.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Just checking some of the composition tools

Strike-Through
spoiler-test, uncovered

None added

Physics news on Phys.org
Wait where do you get it?

symbolipoint said:
Just checking some of the composition tools

Strike-Through
spoiler-test, uncovered

None added
Rocketguy said:
Wait where do you get it?
The post/reply-post composition section in any topic. This shows a top bar of gray color and there are several tool buttons in it. (bold, italicise, underline, text-color,... and others.) There is included a PLUS tool; and if you click on it, you are presented a list of Quote, Spoiler, Code, Strike-Through.

A section on bottom, below the composition field shows four buttons: INSERT QUOTES, POST REPLY, PREVIEW, and UPLOAD.

@Rocketguy - the forum allows you to enter some "invisible tags" - they occur in pairs - start and finish. Example: your cursor, click on the letter "B" in the gray bar. Makes text bold. Click again and it turns off. I put spaces in the following "tags" - which makes them not work: [ B ] bold text here [ /B ]. Remove the spaces inside the brackets to make it work. I type the tag things because I'm old and I visit another older version vBulletin site that uses almost identical tags. XenForo (PF forums application) is an offshoot of vBulletin.

+ B I U and so on across the gray bar mostly work like that. The last icon on the bar (bbCode) let's you type those tag things in, but you lose other features. I use bbCode when I cut and paste from another site in order to get rid of unwanted tags that turn my post into a ransom note.

jim mcnamara said:
The last icon on the bar (bbCode) let's you type those tag things in, but you lose other features.
What do you lose?
The visual editor just uses bbcodes internally. There are things you can do with bbcode that the visual editor does not support. Try to make a red underline with the visual editor: Text

1. What is the "PLUS" tool used for?

The "PLUS" tool is used to check the accuracy and precision of measurements in scientific experiments. It helps to ensure that data is reliable and can be used to make valid conclusions.

2. How does the "PLUS" tool work?

The "PLUS" tool works by comparing the measurements of a specific variable taken by different instruments or methods. It calculates the mean, standard deviation, and percent difference to determine the level of agreement between the measurements.

3. When should the "PLUS" tool be used?

The "PLUS" tool should be used whenever a scientific experiment involves taking multiple measurements of the same variable. It is especially useful for experiments where precision is crucial, such as in chemistry or physics.

4. What are the benefits of using the "PLUS" tool?

The "PLUS" tool allows scientists to identify potential errors or inconsistencies in their data, which can help improve the accuracy and reliability of their results. It also provides a quantitative measure of the level of agreement between measurements.

5. Are there any limitations to the "PLUS" tool?

While the "PLUS" tool is a valuable tool for checking the accuracy and precision of measurements, it is not a substitute for proper experimental design and data analysis. It also cannot detect systematic errors or errors caused by human factors.