Host the Perfect Cheese & Wine Party: Ideas for Cheeses, Wines & Biscuits

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Hypatia's idea is to get a variety. But I guess a http://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/20071126_3 is fine too.Since everyone's tastes are different, go with hypatia's suggestion...basically, get a variety.
rewebster said:
you mean, there's going to be bawding going on at the party?

Ooh, bawdy parties are my favorite!

Physics news on Phys.org
rewebster said:
you mean, there's going to be bawding going on at the party?

Ohhh, whatever go for it the pheasant pluckers all ways win.

Moonbear said:

If I told you that you had a nice bawdy, would you hold it against me?

rewebster said:
If I told you that you had a nice bawdy, would you hold it against me?
Moonie would. She's that way.

Moonbear said:
Not in dissection gear you aint in.

wolram said:
She's allowed! No cadavers, but Moonie in dissection gear without cadavers should be allowed. At some level, cocktail parties with meats are already cadaverous, and English cocktail parties with organ meats should be Moonie-friendly.

Blood Sausage, with tongue. Add that and I'm there!

wolram said:

yeah!---there's your 'theme' for the party!

turbo-1 said:
She's allowed! No cadavers, but Moonie in dissection gear without cadavers should be allowed. At some level, cocktail parties with meats are already cadaverous, and English cocktail parties with organ meats should be Moonie-friendly.

Still trying to work out what you said Turbo, it sounds kind of kinky, so i will null and void it just in case.

:rofl: Okay, I'll take off my dissection gear. Am I allowed into the bawdy party then? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Okay, I'll take off my dissection gear. Am I allowed into the bawdy party then? :biggrin:

I suppose so, these are meant to be the shaking days.

<H2>1. What types of cheeses should I include in my cheese and wine party?</H2><p>When it comes to selecting cheeses for your party, it's best to have a variety of textures and flavors. Some popular options include soft cheeses like brie or goat cheese, aged cheeses like cheddar or gouda, and blue cheeses like Roquefort or gorgonzola. It's also a good idea to have a mix of cow, sheep, and goat milk cheeses to cater to different dietary preferences.</p><H2>2. How do I pair wines with different types of cheese?</H2><p>Pairing wine with cheese is all about finding complementary flavors. As a general rule, lighter wines like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir go well with lighter cheeses like goat cheese or brie, while fuller-bodied wines like Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot pair well with stronger cheeses like aged cheddar or blue cheese. You can also consider the texture of the cheese - creamy cheeses tend to pair well with sparkling wines, while hard cheeses go well with red wines.</p><H2>3. What types of biscuits or crackers should I serve with the cheese and wine?</H2><p>When choosing biscuits or crackers for your party, it's important to consider the texture and flavor of the cheese. For soft cheeses, opt for crackers with a neutral flavor and a light, crispy texture. For aged or hard cheeses, choose crackers with a stronger flavor and a sturdy texture that won't break under the weight of the cheese. You can also consider adding some variety with different types of crackers, such as whole wheat or gluten-free options.</p><H2>4. How much cheese and wine should I buy for my party?</H2><p>The amount of cheese and wine you'll need will depend on the number of guests and how much they are likely to eat and drink. As a general rule, plan for about 2-3 ounces of cheese per person and 1-2 glasses of wine per person. It's always better to have a little extra than to run out, so consider buying a bit more than you think you'll need.</p><H2>5. Can I include other food items besides cheese, wine, and biscuits in my party?</H2><p>Absolutely! While cheese, wine, and biscuits are the main focus of a cheese and wine party, you can certainly add in other food items to round out the menu. Some popular options include cured meats, fruits, nuts, and spreads like honey or jam. Just be sure to consider how these items will pair with the cheeses and wines you have chosen.</p>

1. What types of cheeses should I include in my cheese and wine party?

When it comes to selecting cheeses for your party, it's best to have a variety of textures and flavors. Some popular options include soft cheeses like brie or goat cheese, aged cheeses like cheddar or gouda, and blue cheeses like Roquefort or gorgonzola. It's also a good idea to have a mix of cow, sheep, and goat milk cheeses to cater to different dietary preferences.

2. How do I pair wines with different types of cheese?

Pairing wine with cheese is all about finding complementary flavors. As a general rule, lighter wines like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir go well with lighter cheeses like goat cheese or brie, while fuller-bodied wines like Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot pair well with stronger cheeses like aged cheddar or blue cheese. You can also consider the texture of the cheese - creamy cheeses tend to pair well with sparkling wines, while hard cheeses go well with red wines.

3. What types of biscuits or crackers should I serve with the cheese and wine?

When choosing biscuits or crackers for your party, it's important to consider the texture and flavor of the cheese. For soft cheeses, opt for crackers with a neutral flavor and a light, crispy texture. For aged or hard cheeses, choose crackers with a stronger flavor and a sturdy texture that won't break under the weight of the cheese. You can also consider adding some variety with different types of crackers, such as whole wheat or gluten-free options.

4. How much cheese and wine should I buy for my party?

The amount of cheese and wine you'll need will depend on the number of guests and how much they are likely to eat and drink. As a general rule, plan for about 2-3 ounces of cheese per person and 1-2 glasses of wine per person. It's always better to have a little extra than to run out, so consider buying a bit more than you think you'll need.

5. Can I include other food items besides cheese, wine, and biscuits in my party?

Absolutely! While cheese, wine, and biscuits are the main focus of a cheese and wine party, you can certainly add in other food items to round out the menu. Some popular options include cured meats, fruits, nuts, and spreads like honey or jam. Just be sure to consider how these items will pair with the cheeses and wines you have chosen.