Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the inventor of the best tasting cheese dish ever recommends using cottage cheese with chives, reggiano cheese, cranberries, and habanero chili. The dish is a sensation that may be thanked by the eater. Variations of the dish can be made with different types of fish and vegetables. Peanut oil is used to caramelize onions and garlic, which gives the base for many dishes. The cranberries are questionable to the palate of the author, but whatever works is good.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have invented (the) best tasting cheese dish ever, buy a tub of cottage cheese with chives, mix in some reggiano, cranberries and some habanero chili, this is a sensation you will thank me for.
Vary the quantities to taste

Physics news on Phys.org
Another tip, use old tatty field mushrooms, blanch them then juice as a substitute for beef stock.

The blanching is just physiological, to rid of any creepy crawlies, and the old mushrooms give the strongest taste.

wolram said:
I have invented (the) best tasting cheese dish ever, buy a tub of cottage cheese with chives, mix in some reggiano, cranberries and some habanero chili, this is a sensation you will thank me for.
Vary the quantities to taste
That does sound good. I made baked breaded cod for supper with steamed squash, steamed green beans, and basmati rice. For a sauce for the fish, I mixed some green tomato salsa 50:50 with mayo and added some black pepper. Mmm!

Never had any squash, as for fish type things, i yearn for muscles in chili sauce, the Dutch are the only people who know how to do this dish right, or soupa de pesk, an Italian dish
boy was that chef good.

Edit

As i enjoyed his food so much, it was the early hours when i left with an invite to join his family.

Last edited:
I did try a mushroom and onion suet pie, but my suet is crap, but the taste was good.
layer Caramelized onions with field mushrooms, add reduced mushroom stock, and blah de blah, surprise a beefy tasting gunge.

You probably know this, but use peanut oil in a very hot cast-iron pan (it can stand high heat without smoking) and caramelize your onions with minced or crushed garlic (and minced chilies), then add the mushrooms last because the water content of the mushrooms will give you too much juice in the pan, so the onions/garlic will not brown properly. That gives you a good base of vegetables for lots of dishes. I like to use browned vegetables like this to fill omelets, along with shredded sharp cheese.

The cranberries sound questionable to my palette...But whatever works, works...

What is "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!"?

"Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!" is a dish made with a variety of high-quality cheeses combined with other ingredients to create a delicious and indulgent meal.

What types of cheese are used in "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!"?

The specific types of cheese used may vary, but typically a variety of flavorful and melty cheeses such as cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan are used in "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!".

Can I customize the ingredients in "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!"?

Yes, "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!" is a versatile dish and you can add or substitute ingredients to your liking. However, it is recommended to stick to the general cheese and ingredient ratios for the best flavor.

Is "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!" healthy?

"Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!" is a rich and indulgent dish, so it may not be the healthiest option. However, it can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

Can I make "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!" ahead of time?

Yes, "Cheese Heaven: Best Tasting Cheese Dish Ever!" can be made ahead of time and reheated for later enjoyment. However, it is best to consume it within a few days of making for optimal freshness and flavor.