Which Chemical Calculations Do You Want Automated? Poll

In summary, the next chemical calculator will have automated static equilibrium calculations. It will also have kinetics calculations for second and higher order reactions with more than one reactant.
Borek
Mentor
Some of you are aware of the fact I have already prepared two chemical calculators (see signature). I am planning to extend the line of programs and I have several ideas about what could the next calculator do. However, before starting work I decided to do a quick poll:

What type of calculations would you like to have automated?

Which calculations are the most tedious?

Which calculations are eating most of your time, regardless of the fact that you know how to do them?

Chemical calculators at

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Solving kinetics equations for second and higher order reactions with more than one reactant.

Often end up with a mess of differential equations that need mathematica (or something similar) to solve.

I hope numerical results will be enough? :wink:

I was thinking mostly about static equilibrium so far, perhaps because that's the area I feel comfortable with. But kinetic can be interesting too.

That can be challenging - things like Belousow-Zabothynski (I am not sure about spelling of the names) reaction are driven by kinetics of numerous reactions taking part; result is chaotic and extremely difficult to calculate. Something like wheather :smile:

Chemical calculators at

Some time ago, I was looking intosome reactions between ferredoxin and Fe-S clusters. The kinetics tells you a lot about the nature of the intermediate state, but is non-trivial to work out from spectrophotometric data.

Gokul43201 said:
Solving kinetics equations for second and higher order reactions with more than one reactant.

Often end up with a mess of differential equations that need mathematica (or something similar) to solve.

I posted this in the sicky for chem. web sites:

Chemical Kinetics Simulator (and it's free):

https://www.almaden.ibm.com/st/comp...cience/ck/msim/

Note it is based on a stochastic approach not deterministic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a chemical calculator poll?

A chemical calculator poll is a tool used to calculate the amounts of different chemicals needed for a specific reaction or experiment. It takes into account factors such as molar mass, concentration, and stoichiometry to determine the correct quantities of chemicals to use.

2. How accurate are chemical calculator polls?

The accuracy of a chemical calculator poll depends on the quality of the data and equations used. Most calculators are highly accurate, but it is always recommended to double check the results manually to ensure accuracy.

3. Can I use a chemical calculator poll for any type of reaction?

Most chemical calculator polls are designed to be versatile and can be used for a wide range of reactions. However, some may be more specific to certain types of reactions, so it is important to check the capabilities of the particular calculator being used.

4. Are there any free chemical calculator polls available?

Yes, there are many free chemical calculator polls available online. Some are web-based, while others may require a download. It is important to research and choose a reputable calculator to ensure accurate results.

5. Can chemical calculator polls be used for industrial or commercial purposes?

Chemical calculator polls are primarily designed for educational and laboratory use. While they may be helpful for initial estimations in industrial or commercial settings, it is important to consult with a professional chemist or use specialized software for accurate and reliable results.