Quick Chemistry Questions: Molarity and Concentration Explained

• Thread starter ANCF
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the solution of one molarity (M) of NaCL contains 1 mole of H20 and NaCL. The difference between the concentration of sucrose (C12H22O1) and H2O in a one molarity (M) solution is 0, as they have the same number of moles and volume. The concentration of H20 in pure water is 55.5 g/dm3. These answers have been checked and are correct.
ANCF
If i get these three righ Ill have more 0.5 in my final grade. I've already done this but I would like to see what you have to say.

1- In a solution of one molarity (M) of NaCL, how many mols of H20 exist comparing to the numer of moles of NaCl?

2- In a solution of one molarity (M) which is the difference between the concentration of sucrose (C12H22O1) and the concentration of H2O?

3- Which is the concentration of H20 in pure water?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ANCF said:
If i get these three righ Ill have more 0.5 in my final grade. I've already done this but I would like to see what you have to say.

1- In a solution of one molarity (M) of NaCL, how many mols of H20 exist comparing to the numer of moles of NaCl?

2- In a solution of one molarity (M) which is the difference between the concentration of sucrose (C12H22O1) and the concentration of H2O?

3- Which is the concentration of H20 in pure water?

Welcome to the PF. That's not how it works here. The Homework Help Template that you deleted has room for you to list the Relevant Equations and to show your attempt at a solution. We do not do your homework/coursework here, especially to help you cheat.

Show us your work and answers, and then we can give you some tutorial hints if we see anything wrong.

Results:

1- 1 mole of H20 and NaCL. M = 1 V = 1 -» n= 1

2 - 0 In the equation, seeing the stequiometry, they have the same n, and since the volume is the same, the concentrations will be equal, so the difference will be 0

3 - 55.5 g/dm3

This one i know its right

What is chemistry?

Chemistry is the scientific study of matter, its properties, and how it interacts and changes. It is a central science that connects other sciences such as biology, physics, and geology.

What are the three states of matter?

The three states of matter are solid, liquid, and gas. Solids have a definite shape and volume, while liquids have a definite volume but take the shape of their container. Gases have neither a definite shape nor volume and will fill the space of their container.

What is the difference between an element and a compound?

An element is a pure substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances by chemical means. Compounds are made up of two or more elements chemically bonded together in a specific ratio. Elements are represented by symbols on the periodic table, while compounds are represented by chemical formulas.

What is a chemical reaction?

A chemical reaction is a process in which one or more substances, known as reactants, are transformed into one or more new substances, known as products. Chemical reactions involve the breaking and forming of chemical bonds, resulting in the rearrangement of atoms to create new substances.

What is the difference between exothermic and endothermic reactions?

Exothermic reactions release energy in the form of heat, light, or sound, while endothermic reactions absorb energy from their surroundings. Exothermic reactions often feel warm to the touch, while endothermic reactions feel cold.