1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry ARticle

1. Jan 20, 2005 #1
    I have to write an analysis on an article (has to be scientifically published and related to chemistry or biochemistry) that is around at least 4 pages long. I've been surfing the web but i can't seem to find any. Can anyone recommend me some places where i can find them? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hit the magazine racks.

*Discover Magazine
    *Scientific American
    *Time (Last one I saw has an article on genetic codes as the cover story)

etc..

4. Jan 20, 2005 #3
    time magazine and discovery cannot be used. it has to be a stricly scientific journal. I dont have scientific american, nor new scientist. i checked thier site, but they dont have an article with the adequate length.

5. Jan 20, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When you say scientifically published, do you mean in a scientific journal? If so, you'll find biochemistry articles on PubMed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed You search by topic, and a number of journals now have free online access to their articles. If you just mean on a science topic, then the references Tom Mattson recommended are good. I'd especially recommend Scientific American as it has a wide variety of subjects in it, so you should be able to find something of interest to you.

Edit: I see you posted a further reply while I was typing. I'm not sure where you can search for chemistry papers (if you go to a university library, you can browse through paper copies of current journals), but pubmed is an index that will have include all the biochemistry journals. If you need further help using it, just let us know.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  6. Jan 21, 2005 #5
    thanks for the link. I've been searching through the site, but i am still unable to locate an article with the adequate length. I also had been browsing through scientific american at the library. It seems that they have articles with the required length, but i coudn't locate one that interests me. So i guess i'm goiing to have to browse through more magazines now.

7. Jan 21, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When you search on pubmed, all it will give you is the abstract, which is a brief summary of the paper. You'll need to either follow links to the publisher's website to get the full length article or go to the library to get it (if you aren't using a university library, you'll need to have your reference librarian help locate it through interlibrary loan). It would be unusual to find any papers shorter than 4 pages on that database, so you probably just need help getting to the full length article.

Did you see any articles that sounded interesting to you? I might be able to help you locate one if you suggest some topics or even specific ones of interest you saw that looked interesting.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?