1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Career

1. Apr 21, 2006 #1
    Hey guys,

Right now I'm on my way to getting my bachelor's in mathematics. However, I've recently considered double majoring in chemistry as well. Could anyone attest to the level of difficulty in a chemistry major? Is it comparable to a mathematics major or less?

Thanks in advance!
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2006 #2

I'm actually doing just that, working towards a double major in math and chemistry. At least where I go to school, I feel the math major is more challenging. Do you like chemistry, I'm assuming? Have you taken any courses yet, general or organic maybe? What's nice is I find a lot of chemistry students dislike math, and spend more time struggling with that than with the actual chemistry concepts. So by being a math major, you're always prepared for the math and able to just worry about the chemistry.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?