Chemistry Correspondace help

• Thread starter carmcand2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the conversation is about finding equations for neutralization reactions to form salts, and identifying which reactions are most likely to occur based on reactivity. The first question asks for equations for the formation of lithium carbonate, copper(II) chlorate, aluminium sulphate, and ammonium iodide. The second question involves identifying potential reactions with the given compounds and finding the net ionic equations. The use of the reactivity series is suggested as a tool for determining which reactions are most likely to occur.
carmcand2
hey! i need real bad on a few questions, i haven't taken grade 11 chem, but I am on to 12 (circumstances) so please explain simply as possible.
1) Write equations for the neutrilization reactions that result in the formation of the following salts
a)Lithium Carbonate
b)Copper(II) chlorate
c)Aluminium Sulphate
d)Ammonium Iodide

** i have honestly no idea what to do, all i have is the compounds!

2) For each situation, identify for which a reaction is most like to occur. If a reaction does, write a net ionic equation.
a) Chronium into silver nitrate
b) Gold in hydrochloric acid
c) Nickel Pellets in calcium acetate, Ca(CsH3O2)2.
d) Aluminum into sulphuric acid
e) Zinc into lead (II) nitrate

i think that c, d and e react together, and that a and b do not.. not sure though!
i also have no idea how to get the ionic equation.. PLZ help!

Physics news on Phys.org
carmcand2 said:
hey! i need real bad on a few questions, i haven't taken grade 11 chem, but I am on to 12 (circumstances) so please explain simply as possible.
1) Write equations for the neutrilization reactions that result in the formation of the following salts
a)Lithium Carbonate
b)Copper(II) chlorate
c)Aluminium Sulphate
d)Ammonium Iodide

You are asked to find two reagents that are an acid and a base. The neutralization produces the salts given in a-d.

eg... If you were given NaCl, the answer would be:
NaOH + HCl ----> NaCl + H2O

for 2) you should be knowing that a more reactive metal will displace a less reactive one from its salt. Have a look at the reactivity series from this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactivity_series

take Magnesium and Zinc Chloride as example. Magnesium is more reactive than zinc. Hence it will displace the Zn2+ ion from Zinc Chloride and Magnesium Chloride will be formed.

full equation: Mg(s) + ZnCl2(aq) ------> MgCl2(aq) + Zn(s)
ionic Equation: Mg(s) + Zn2+(aq) ------> Mg2+(aq) + Zn(s)

1. What is Chemistry Correspondence help?

Chemistry Correspondence help is a service that provides assistance with understanding and completing chemistry-related assignments, projects, or experiments. It can include virtual tutoring, online resources, and personalized feedback from experts in the field.

2. Who can benefit from Chemistry Correspondence help?

Chemistry Correspondence help can benefit anyone who is studying or working in the field of chemistry, including students, researchers, and professionals. It can also be useful for individuals who are interested in learning more about chemistry as a hobby or for personal development.

3. How does Chemistry Correspondence help work?

Chemistry Correspondence help typically involves submitting your questions, assignments, or experiments to a team of experts who will review and provide feedback or assistance. This can be done through online platforms, email, or virtual meetings.

4. What topics does Chemistry Correspondence help cover?

Chemistry Correspondence help can cover a wide range of topics within the field of chemistry, including general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, physical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. It can also cover specific topics such as chemical reactions, atomic structure, and laboratory techniques.

5. How can I find a reliable Chemistry Correspondence help service?

To find a reliable Chemistry Correspondence help service, you can research online and read reviews from previous users. It is also helpful to ask for recommendations from friends, classmates, or colleagues who have used similar services. Additionally, it is important to ensure that the service has qualified and experienced experts in the field of chemistry.