1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Crossword Definitions

1. Sep 11, 2009 #1
    1. 7.Across: A piece of iron equipment attached to a retort stand to support a gauze or hold a funnel.
    Down: A metal rod to which you attach clamps and other equipment

2. none

3. This is part of a crossword and am not given any words can you help me find these words because my text has nothing on them.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

It's your schoolwork. You should do the work. What do you think the possible answers could be?

(Infractions to anybody who gives the answer away...)

4. Sep 11, 2009 #3
    I know thats it's my own work, but my teacher hasn't taught us anything about the different types of equipments you use in a lab because it has only been our 2nd day of school.

5. Sep 11, 2009 #4

berkeman

So how do you think you could figure this out on your own without asking us to help you cheat? Have you tried google? Wikipedia.org?

6. Sep 13, 2009 #5
    Sorry about that I didn't think of it in that way. So i decided to check out what type of equipment there was and i got a. ringclamp and for b. a retortstand is this correct?

7. Sep 13, 2009 #6

berkeman

Using Google Images, I think you are correct.

http://ms.yccd.edu/physics/room821_inventory/ring_clamp.jpg [Broken]

http://product-image.tradeindia.com/00062511/b/0/Retort-Stand-Rings.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  8. Sep 14, 2009 #7

Borek

I would go for stand with down.

--

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook