1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Definitions

1. Sep 11, 2009 #1
    1. 1. a.Metal mesh used to prevent glassware from cracking when heated with a Bunsen burner
    b. A type of chemical which must be respected and handled carefully in the home and laboratory.

2.None

3. I have to figure out what the word is because its a crossword puzzle and it does provide me with any words that I can choose from, but for a. it has 5 boxes and the 1st box is g. For b. which is across it has 4 boxes and the 1st box is a. Is it acid?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Acid sounds possible, even if the description is a little bit misleading - there are many types of acids and some are quite safe.

--

4. Sep 13, 2009 #3
    thanx for a. about the Metal mesh used to prevent glassware from cracking when heated with a Bunsen Burner is it a glove? -- it seems to be the only answer that would fit in the 5 boxes given with G as the first letter.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook