Chemistry Department Photo: What's Happening in the Picture?

In summary, the conversation is discussing a website that features a possibly inappropriate image and the humorous reactions to it. The conversation also mentions potential issues with the website's content and a suggestion to report any concerns.
MacLaddy
Gold Member
Ignoring the school, links, and overall blandness of this website; can somebody PLEASE explain to me what is happening in the picture to the left?

http://www.slcc-science.org/chem/

:uhh:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Funniest post of the year, maybe the past 5 years.

:rofl:

And in Utah, no less!

I believe that's their intro to dildo engineering course :biggrin:

I know the sexual undertone lying in here and esp. the way that girl holding that cup.

But I'm not going to say nothing as I'm scared of infracture.

Some mod here got an attitude like a fresh FCC employee.

Alex_Sanders said:
Some mod here got an attitude like a fresh FCC employee.
If you have a problem with a mentor's actions feel free to appeal to another mentor, if you have a problem with any post feel free to hit the report button :smile:
MacLaddy said:
Ignoring the school, links, and overall blandness of this website; can somebody PLEASE explain to me what is happening in the picture to the left?

http://www.slcc-science.org/chem/

:uhh:
:rofl: whoever made the website has a sense of humour, possibly not shared by this colleague when she sees the pic :tongue2:

Ryan_m_b said:
:rofl: whoever made the website has a sense of humour, possibly not shared by this colleague when she sees the pic :tongue2:

I am starting to believe that it is a recruiting technique. I know I'm convinced. :tongue:

1. What is the purpose of a Chemistry Department photo?

The purpose of a Chemistry Department photo is to showcase the faculty, staff, and students of the department and their research, achievements, and contributions to the field of chemistry.

2. Who typically takes the Chemistry Department photo?

The Chemistry Department photo is usually taken by a professional photographer hired by the department or by a designated member of the department's faculty or staff with photography experience.

3. How often is the Chemistry Department photo taken?

The Chemistry Department photo is typically taken once a year or every few years, depending on the department's preferences and events happening within the department.

4. Can students be included in the Chemistry Department photo?

Yes, students are often included in the Chemistry Department photo as they are an important part of the department and their contributions to research and learning are valued.

5. Where is the Chemistry Department photo usually displayed?

The Chemistry Department photo is usually displayed in the department's building or office, on the department's website, and in promotional materials such as brochures and flyers.