Chemistry grad school

• Schools
  • Thread starter mlebo
  • Start date
So I'm applying to mostly tier 1 grad schools for bioorganic chemistry (UCLA, Princeton, Texas A&M, University of Texas, Purdue, UNC, and University of Arizona) and I'm worried about my GRE scores. I got a 470 verbal 670 quantitative and 4.0 in analytical writing. I'm retaking them but I'm a terrible standardized test taker so I doubt I will do any better. I have two GPAs because I transferred, a 3.86 and a 4.0 and I have extensive research experience (3 semesters of undergraduate) and an REU (research exerience at Texas A&M over the summer in a graduate lab). I have also been published as a third author for my research and will hopefully I will be published for my summer work (I would be 2nd author). I am hoping that I can still get into the schools I apply to. I know I will get into A&M because of the summer research but I wanted options.
Any insights?

Answers and Replies

Take the chemistry subject GRE and rock it. Your general GRE scores wouldn't matter all that much then.

I don't have time to study for those, and as I said I suck at standardized tests. I wouldn't be able to finish it either. None of the schools require it either so it would just end up hurting me.