1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry help

1. Apr 1, 2004 #1
    chemistry help!!

hi, i really really really need help with this question, i missed 2 days of class, now i dont know whats goin on, im completly lost, and i have a test 2morow on this topic, and a friend told me the teacher said a question of this type will be on this test. i have went through my test book and learned all the other stuff but this is all that i absolutly dont get!! , i just went blank. if somone ANYONE with knowledge if this can help me, i'd really appreciate it, i wouldent do this unless i was desprate , i feel like a retard but here it goes...

Consider The following reaction mechanism

2NO(subscript2) (g) -----> NO(subscript3) (g) + NO(g) Ea(activation energy = + 100 KJ delta(triangle)H = + 50KJ

NO(subscript3) (g) + CO (g) --------> NO(subscript2) (g) + CO(subscript2) Ea = 200KJ deltaH = - 150 KJ

a) write the overall reaction(rxn) for the above mechanism, and calculate the overall enthalpy change and activation energy.

b) draw a fully labelled enthalpy diagram include labelled axes, enthalpy changes, Ea, activated complex, productts reactants and illistrate how a catalyst would affect the rxn (reaction).

thanks alot for anyone that can help or explain this to me, i gotta know how to do this for 2morow
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted