1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry HW Help!

1. Nov 13, 2009 #1
    Hi, i have 2 questions about my chemistry homework i can not figure out
    The first question is:

1)Silver ions can be precipitated from an aqueous solutions by the addition of aqueous chloride:

Ag+(aq) + Cl-(aq) ---->AgCl(s)

Silver chloride is virtualy insoluble in water so that the reaction appears to go to completion. How many grams of solid NaCl must be added to 25.0mL of 0.326 M AgNo3 solution to completely precititate the silver?

The second question is:

2) A 31.5 mL aliquot of H2SO4(aq) of unknown concentration was titrated with 0.0134 M NaOH(aq). It took 23.9 mL of the base to reach the endpoint of the titration. The concentration (M) of the acid was_____. (be sure to write a balanced chemical equation for the neutralization reaction.)

I already balanced the equation.

H2SO4 + 2NaOH ------> Na2SO4 + 2H2O

Can anybody tell me how to go about solving either of these questions?
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Basically both questions are simple stoichiometry with moles/mass and volume/moles conversions.

How many moles of silver? How many moles of chloride needed? What mass?

http://www.titrations.info/titration-calculation

--
    methods

4. Nov 14, 2009 #3
    Chemistry

Hi, i have 2 questions about my chemistry homework i can not figure out
    The first question is:

1)Silver ions can be precipitated from an aqueous solutions by the addition of aqueous chloride:

Ag+(aq) + Cl-(aq) ---->AgCl(s)

Silver chloride is virtualy insoluble in water so that the reaction appears to go to completion. How many grams of solid NaCl must be added to 25.0mL of 0.326 M AgNo3 solution to completely precititate the silver?

The second question is:

2) A 31.5 mL aliquot of H2SO4(aq) of unknown concentration was titrated with 0.0134 M NaOH(aq). It took 23.9 mL of the base to reach the endpoint of the titration. The concentration (M) of the acid was_____. (be sure to write a balanced chemical equation for the neutralization reaction.)

I already balanced the equation.

H2SO4 + 2NaOH ------> Na2SO4 + 2H2O

Can anybody tell me how to go about solving either of these questions?

5. Nov 14, 2009 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook