Chemistry HW Help!

• Thread starter kevin0788
  • Start date
Hi, i have 2 questions about my chemistry homework i can not figure out
The first question is:

1)Silver ions can be precipitated from an aqueous solutions by the addition of aqueous chloride:

Ag+(aq) + Cl-(aq) ---->AgCl(s)

Silver chloride is virtualy insoluble in water so that the reaction appears to go to completion. How many grams of solid NaCl must be added to 25.0mL of 0.326 M AgNo3 solution to completely precititate the silver?

The second question is:

2) A 31.5 mL aliquot of H2SO4(aq) of unknown concentration was titrated with 0.0134 M NaOH(aq). It took 23.9 mL of the base to reach the endpoint of the titration. The concentration (M) of the acid was_____. (be sure to write a balanced chemical equation for the neutralization reaction.)

I already balanced the equation.

H2SO4 + 2NaOH ------> Na2SO4 + 2H2O

Can anybody tell me how to go about solving either of these questions?

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Answers and Replies

Borek
Mentor
Basically both questions are simple stoichiometry with moles/mass and volume/moles conversions.

Silver chloride is virtualy insoluble in water so that the reaction appears to go to completion. How many grams of solid NaCl must be added to 25.0mL of 0.326 M AgNo3 solution to completely precititate the silver?

How many moles of silver? How many moles of chloride needed? What mass?

2) A 31.5 mL aliquot of H2SO4(aq) of unknown concentration was titrated with 0.0134 M NaOH(aq). It took 23.9 mL of the base to reach the endpoint of the titration. The concentration (M) of the acid was_____. (be sure to write a balanced chemical equation for the neutralization reaction.)

http://www.titrations.info/titration-calculation

--
methods

Chemistry

Hi, i have 2 questions about my chemistry homework i can not figure out
The first question is:

1)Silver ions can be precipitated from an aqueous solutions by the addition of aqueous chloride:

The second question is:

I already balanced the equation.

H2SO4 + 2NaOH ------> Na2SO4 + 2H2O

Can anybody tell me how to go about solving either of these questions?