1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Questions

1. Dec 11, 2006 #1
    Hey guys here are two questions that I am completely stumped at... I got no idea because I never done the experiments in class and I am really lost in how to answer it... Hope you guys can help me...

Well here are the following questions.

1) Describe how you performed an experiment to measure the heats of combustion of various alkanols. Draw a diagram of the equipment. List the variables and the possible sources of error

2) Describe what you would see if a piece of magnesium was placed in copper sulfate solution. Explain why this happens in terms of electron transfer and include two half equations and the overall chemical equation.

and

3) Identify the functional group that allows certain hydrocarbons to react with the bromine water? What type of reaction is it?>>

Hopefully any question you guys can help will be helpful..

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2006 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry, but we can not help you unless you show us your own efforts first.

Furthermore, if the first and/or second question requires that you have done an experiment in class, then we'd be helping you cheat if we tell you the outcome of such an experiment.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?