What are some potential chemistry research ideas for grant funding?

In summary, the speaker is doing an independent study with a chemistry teacher and needs to turn in a paper for grant money by October 1st. They are having trouble coming up with a research project and are seeking suggestions. The amount of grant money available is $300-$500 and the lab equipment is limited. The speaker is having trouble deciding on their interests for the project, but wants it to be chemistry based. They receive a suggestion to read chemistry journals or Science News to get ideas for potential research topics.
srbaroach
So I am doing an independent study with a chemistry teacher next semester and I have to turn in a paper for grant money by October 1st. The only problem is that I can't think of a research project to do. It can be on any science topic, but I would prefer it be chemistry... any suggestions?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What chemistry journals do you read regularly? That's a pretty good way to see what areas are hot in research. Even just reading the past several issues of Science News may show you a few ineresting subjects to look into.

I'm a high school student, so the lab equipment available is pretty limited, which would be why I'm applying for the grant money. The amount available is around $300-$500, if that helps narrow down the topics.

srbaroach said:
I'm a high school student, so the lab equipment available is pretty limited, which would be why I'm applying for the grant money. The amount available is around $300-$500, if that helps narrow down the topics.

It really depends on your interests .

That is the part where I am having the most trouble. I can't really decide where my interest lies for the project. I'm pretty sure that I want it to be chemistry based, but I can't think of a research topic...

srbaroach said:
That is the part where I am having the most trouble. I can't really decide where my interest lies for the project. I'm pretty sure that I want it to be chemistry based, but I can't think of a research topic...

Okay, I went to Science News' website, and did a search on chemistry. Lots of good hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.sciencenews.org/search/seek?for=chemistry

thank you!

What is a chemistry research idea?

A chemistry research idea is a proposed topic or question that a scientist wants to investigate in the field of chemistry. It involves formulating a hypothesis and designing experiments to test it.

How do I come up with a good chemistry research idea?

To come up with a good chemistry research idea, you can start by reading current literature and identifying gaps or unanswered questions in the field. You can also brainstorm with colleagues or attend conferences to get inspiration.

What is the importance of a chemistry research idea?

A chemistry research idea is important because it contributes to expanding scientific knowledge and understanding in the field. It can also have practical applications and help solve real-world problems.

How do I develop a chemistry research idea into a project?

To develop a chemistry research idea into a project, you will need to further refine and clarify your idea, design experiments to test your hypothesis, and secure funding and resources to carry out the research.

What are some examples of chemistry research ideas?

Examples of chemistry research ideas include studying the properties and synthesis of new materials, investigating the effects of chemicals on the environment, and exploring new methods for drug discovery and development.