Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Research Idea

1. Sep 1, 2008 #1
    So I am doing an independent study with a chemistry teacher next semester and I have to turn in a paper for grant money by October 1st. The only problem is that I can't think of a research project to do. It can be on any science topic, but I would prefer it be chemistry.... any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What chemistry journals do you read regularly? That's a pretty good way to see what areas are hot in research. Even just reading the past several issues of Science News may show you a few ineresting subjects to look into.

4. Sep 2, 2008 #3
    I'm a high school student, so the lab equipment available is pretty limited, which would be why I'm applying for the grant money. The amount available is around $300-$500, if that helps narrow down the topics.

5. Sep 2, 2008 #4

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It really depends on your interests .

6. Sep 2, 2008 #5
    That is the part where I am having the most trouble. I can't really decide where my interest lies for the project. I'm pretty sure that I want it to be chemistry based, but I can't think of a research topic...

7. Sep 3, 2008 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Okay, I went to Science News' website, and did a search on chemistry. Lots of good hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.sciencenews.org/search/seek?for=chemistry

8. Sep 10, 2008 #7
    thank you!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?