1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Research Idea

1. Sep 1, 2008 #1
    So I am doing an independent study with a chemistry teacher next semester and I have to turn in a paper for grant money by October 1st. The only problem is that I can't think of a research project to do. It can be on any science topic, but I would prefer it be chemistry.... any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What chemistry journals do you read regularly? That's a pretty good way to see what areas are hot in research. Even just reading the past several issues of Science News may show you a few ineresting subjects to look into.

4. Sep 2, 2008 #3
    I'm a high school student, so the lab equipment available is pretty limited, which would be why I'm applying for the grant money. The amount available is around $300-$500, if that helps narrow down the topics.

5. Sep 2, 2008 #4

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It really depends on your interests .

6. Sep 2, 2008 #5
    That is the part where I am having the most trouble. I can't really decide where my interest lies for the project. I'm pretty sure that I want it to be chemistry based, but I can't think of a research topic...

7. Sep 3, 2008 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Okay, I went to Science News' website, and did a search on chemistry. Lots of good hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.sciencenews.org/search/seek?for=chemistry

8. Sep 10, 2008 #7
    thank you!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?