Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemisty or physics?

1. Apr 23, 2007 #1
    im in eith grade right now and reading brian greene's second book and it sounds more interesting but im wondering if chemistry would be better for a career and what fields are the most interesting

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2007 #2
    sorry was in a rush and spelt eighth wrong

4. Apr 23, 2007 #3
    which career is better? that question is a bit subjective. It depends on your personal interests and many other factors.

However... if you are talking about getting some cash and finding a job with more ease, if you're into that kind of stuff as being the #1 factor of your career, go with chemistry, but I would very strongly recomend against making your choice based solely on the $$money$$. It's a sad day when people start turning away from things that they love just because of the money. I know that will probably a good size challenge for me once I reach that point, but there are ways around it, and it would be better to do soemthing you love and maybe give up a bit of financial security than to get into something with alot of money and hate it. (I hope this last bit doesnt start a debate, i am just warning him of how some people just blindly go into a field because they think its not going to be too demanding but will get them lots of $$$ in their wallet at the end of the day)

You've still got a few more years to get into this question, I would suggest you read some more on physics, get some research done on chem, keep your mind open, and ask yourself this question again later down the road.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook