1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemisty or physics?

1. Apr 23, 2007 #1
    im in eith grade right now and reading brian greene's second book and it sounds more interesting but im wondering if chemistry would be better for a career and what fields are the most interesting

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2007 #2
    sorry was in a rush and spelt eighth wrong

4. Apr 23, 2007 #3
    which career is better? that question is a bit subjective. It depends on your personal interests and many other factors.

However... if you are talking about getting some cash and finding a job with more ease, if you're into that kind of stuff as being the #1 factor of your career, go with chemistry, but I would very strongly recomend against making your choice based solely on the $$money$$. It's a sad day when people start turning away from things that they love just because of the money. I know that will probably a good size challenge for me once I reach that point, but there are ways around it, and it would be better to do soemthing you love and maybe give up a bit of financial security than to get into something with alot of money and hate it. (I hope this last bit doesnt start a debate, i am just warning him of how some people just blindly go into a field because they think its not going to be too demanding but will get them lots of $$$ in their wallet at the end of the day)

You've still got a few more years to get into this question, I would suggest you read some more on physics, get some research done on chem, keep your mind open, and ask yourself this question again later down the road.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?