Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cheney COS perjury trial begins

1. Jan 14, 2007 #1
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/15/w...&en=3f7306b6311f26d6&ei=5094&partner=homepage

And for an honest and sobering statement on the integrity of those in the white house:
    :surprised

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2007 #2
    Oops, the title should be "begins", not "beings". Stupid fingers!

4. Jan 14, 2007 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

:rofl: and I thought you were referring to that crowd of lawyer media consultants who will hover about for the next several weeks filling the airwaves with babble.

5. Jan 28, 2007 #4
    The trial has revealed some interesting tid bits about how the press was used. It must be confusing for the two sides, press and administration, to decide who is the manipulator and who is the manipulatee.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...se_witness_details_art_of_media_manipulation/

6. Feb 20, 2007 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Predictions on the verdict?

Seemed like a pretty weak defense to me. According to the defense, everything hinges on Hannah saying Libby had a terrible memory and whether Russert's or Libby's account of their conversation was the accurate account. Even if the Russert conversation is a push, I don't think that argument takes into account that just about every other witness remembered things differently than Libby did.

I'm expecting a guilty verdict.

7. Mar 16, 2007 #6
    guilty on 4 out of 5 counts

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?