Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chess with Python

1. Jan 30, 2012 #1
    Hello!
    I just started learning Python and I was wondering is it possible for a total beginnner to make a fairly decent chess game which could beat someone with a rating of 1700 or so ( that's my rating , lol :D ) .
    Edit: I actually have a second idea of making some kind of chatbot, that would talk to you . Would that be more realistic for a total beginner to create in 7 months? I even thought that this chatbot could have some kind of voice recognition or the other way around, that he could talk and i had to write my responses, but i think i might had just let my imagination wild for a while .. it may have something to do with the fact that i just finished watching Iron Man for the first time .d
    PS: Thank you! Looking forward to your reply!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2012 #2
    It all depends on how much you program and learn about programming each day. Start small, with small goals. Make a text based game first, for example, instead of jumping straight into making a chatbot. Start simple.

4. Feb 7, 2012 #3

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook