Create Chess Game & Chatbot w/ Python in 7 Months

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility for a beginner to create a chess game or chatbot using Python. The speaker also mentions their rating and a book recommendation for learning how to program strategy games. It is suggested to start with smaller goals and projects before tackling a chatbot.
geekkid
Hello!
I just started learning Python and I was wondering is it possible for a total beginnner to make a fairly decent chess game which could beat someone with a rating of 1700 or so ( that's my rating , lol :D ) .
Edit: I actually have a second idea of making some kind of chatbot, that would talk to you . Would that be more realistic for a total beginner to create in 7 months? I even thought that this chatbot could have some kind of voice recognition or the other way around, that he could talk and i had to write my responses, but i think i might had just let my imagination wild for a while .. it may have something to do with the fact that i just finished watching Iron Man for the first time .d
PS: Thank you! Looking forward to your reply!

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
It all depends on how much you program and learn about programming each day. Start small, with small goals. Make a text based game first, for example, instead of jumping straight into making a chatbot. Start simple.

1. What is the purpose of creating a chess game and chatbot with Python?

The purpose of creating a chess game and chatbot with Python is to showcase the capabilities of programming in Python and to provide a fun and engaging way for users to learn and practice playing chess. Additionally, the chatbot feature adds a unique aspect to the game by allowing players to communicate with each other while playing.

2. How long does it take to create a chess game and chatbot with Python?

The estimated time to create a chess game and chatbot with Python is 7 months. This timeframe includes learning and understanding the basics of Python, designing and coding the game and chatbot, and testing and debugging any issues that may arise.

3. What are the required skills and knowledge to create a chess game and chatbot with Python?

To create a chess game and chatbot with Python, it is necessary to have a strong understanding of the Python programming language and its syntax. Additionally, knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming concepts is crucial. Familiarity with AI and machine learning may also be helpful in creating a more advanced chatbot.

4. Can I customize the chess game and chatbot with my own features and design?

Yes, as the creator of the game and chatbot, you have the freedom to customize and add your own features and design elements. This can include personalized graphics, additional game modes, and unique chatbot responses. However, it is important to ensure that these customizations do not affect the functionality and usability of the game and chatbot.

5. Are there any resources available to help with creating a chess game and chatbot with Python?

Yes, there are many resources available online to assist with creating a chess game and chatbot with Python. These can include tutorials, forums, and coding communities where you can ask for help and advice. Additionally, there are various Python libraries and modules specifically designed for creating games and chatbots that can aid in the development process.