Curry Paste Marination: Quicker Than 24 Hours?

• Thread starter username
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is marinating chicken in curry paste and yogurt but does not want to wait 24 hours for it to marinate. They suggest microwaving the chicken to speed up the process, but another person suggests using a vacuum machine, which the first person does not have. The first person then decides to heat up the chicken with onions and tomatoes instead.
username
My chicken is marinating in curry paste/yogurt and I have the onions and tomato ready to add, but what's this the curry paste jar says I have to wait 24 hours for the marination process to complete I can't wait that long my stomach will eat itself from the inside out there must be a quicker way to do this!
I thought that maybe microwave the stuff for a short time this would in effect heat the chicken pieces from the inside out? so when it cools it will suck in the marinating mixture has anybody got any ideas on this or am I about to give myself food poisioning ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would go for the food poisening! sod waiting that long just for a chicken curry! or you could just grab a microwaveable dinner from the supermarket.

Vacuum is the keyword here, but I guess you don't have a vacuum machine in the kitchen?

Originally posted by Monique
Vacuum is the keyword here, but I guess you don't have a vacuum machine in the kitchen?

Yup I am all out of vacuum machines and pressure vessels. Anyway to late now the goo is solidifying and even looks quite promising all I have to do now is heat it up again with the onions and tomatos :)

1. What is curry paste marination?

Curry paste marination is a cooking technique where meat or vegetables are coated in a mixture of curry paste and other seasonings and left to marinate for a period of time before being cooked. This allows the flavors to penetrate the food and create a more flavorful dish.

2. How long should I marinate with curry paste?

The recommended marinating time for curry paste is usually between 30 minutes to 24 hours. However, it ultimately depends on the type of meat or vegetables you are marinating and the intensity of flavor you desire. Generally, the longer you marinate, the more flavorful your dish will be.

3. Can I marinate for less than 24 hours?

Yes, you can marinate for less than 24 hours. As mentioned before, the recommended marinating time is 30 minutes to 24 hours, but even a short marinating time of 30 minutes can still enhance the flavor of your dish. However, if you have the time, marinating for longer will result in a more flavorful dish.

4. What types of food work best with curry paste marination?

Curry paste marination works well with a variety of meats such as chicken, beef, and pork. It also works well with vegetables like potatoes, eggplant, and cauliflower. The type of food you choose to marinate will depend on your personal preference and the dish you are making.

5. Can I use store-bought curry paste for marination?

Yes, you can use store-bought curry paste for marination. However, it is recommended to use a high-quality paste for better flavor. You can also make your own curry paste at home using a variety of spices and herbs for a more personalized taste.