What Can Be Done to Prevent Child Negligence and Carelessness?

• Thread starter green1706
  • Start date
In summary, child care should be a priority to prevent negligence and carelessness of the kids. The Bureau of Responsible Procreation could help to prevent abuse and neglect.
green1706
Children born for what? Violence and torture against children is a fact to which we are witnesses, even if we do not want. I have seen children beaten, made to beg, crippled or abandoned by parents. If you want to be a parent but you do not have security for the future of your child, then I think you should to think twice before you give life to an innocent beings. Child care should be a priority. What you think about this? What should be done to prevent negligence and carelessness of the kids?

:frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
I recommend a Bureau of Responsible Procreation. Prospective parents would fill out a form in triplicate requesting permission to have a child. The Committee on Documentation would then issue a permission slip to those who can prove that they have not beaten any children, that they would not beat any children, and that they would not allow anyone else to beat their children. In addition, they would have to prove that they could support the prospective child. This won't go over big with poor people, but then we don't want them having children anyway do we. Those who have sufficient funds will tell the committee how much they have, where they keep it and information on how to obtain it like account numbers, passwords, etc. Parents who have tortured their children, crippled them, abandoned them or forced them to beg will be given a lower priority. Is that enough govt for you or do you require more?

Last edited:
Problem cannot be solved in near future.

You cannot go and allow only good people to have children, that is not possible. But, need to improve the nation economy and then education/social welfare.

I have A Modest Proposal: For Preventing the Children of Poor People in the US from Being a Burden to Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Public...

I think it is quite naive to think that prospective parents who have never beat a child and have plenty of money would do a better job than anyone else.
Abuse can take many different forms and money also has little to do with raising happy children.

The problem is simple. People who don't care, don't care, and there really is no way to make someone care who doesn't care and doesn't want to care.

(Pssst...Jimmy, I think you need to turn on your blinking sarcasm alert sign. :wink:)

Baby-sitting is what Ziplock bags and freezers were invented for.

Danger said:
Baby-sitting is what Ziplock bags and freezers were invented for.

That's not a very good place to hide the body..

Norman said:
I have A Modest Proposal: For Preventing the Children of Poor People in the US from Being a Burden to Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Public...

Hahahaha I remember reading a Modest Propsal for the first time in English class. At first I thought that it was serious until like half-way through.

@OP
I don't think that the problem can be prevented we can try to limit the amount it occurs but completely eliminating it I feel will NEVER happen.

All that I can say is that the most effective form of birth control is Super-Glue and a cork.

Right...what's the cork for?

junglebeast said:
Right...what's the cork for?

Because Super-Glue doesn't adhere to two slippery surfaces at once. You need an intervening substance.

lincs-b said:
I think it is quite naive to think that prospective parents who have never beat a child and have plenty of money would do a better job than anyone else.

So you would say that people living in extreme poverty and with a history of child abuse are likely to raise happy children?

Quite rudely put:

People in extreme poverty ought not reproduce, but it would be criminal to forbid them from doing so anyway.

jimmysnyder said:
I recommend a Bureau of Responsible Procreation. Prospective parents would fill out a form in triplicate requesting permission to have a child. The Committee on Documentation would then issue a permission slip to those who can prove that they have not beaten any children, that they would not beat any children, and that they would not allow anyone else to beat their children. In addition, they would have to prove that they could support the prospective child. This won't go over big with poor people, but then we don't want them having children anyway do we. Those who have sufficient funds will tell the committee how much they have, where they keep it and information on how to obtain it like account numbers, passwords, etc. Parents who have tortured their children, crippled them, abandoned them or forced them to beg will be given a lower priority. Is that enough govt for you or do you require more?

That's a good start. Child protection should start before birth because nowadays when abuse is detected, it's too late to prevent the child from being emotionally scarred for life. Through no fault of their own, abused children often end up lonely, aggressive, and poor, and that's not what I call fairness.

You need a license to drive. Being a parent takes much more skills and is a substantially greater responsibility, so I don't see why anybody should be allowed to be a parent.

Moonbear said:
(Pssst...Jimmy, I think you need to turn on your blinking sarcasm alert sign. :wink:)
I got up this morning and turned on NPR. There is a local ordinance that says we must watch the official news at least once a day and I like my day to go uphill, not down. However, it was not to be. The painters came early to repaint my house. Last year I painted it blue because it needed painting and I like blue, but the town historical committee said that when the house was first built it was green and I needed to paint it green to match. I got in the car which I got in the cash for clunkers program and headed for work. When I got there I poured myself a cup of tepid coffee because OSHA will fine the company if they serve coffee hot the way I like it. I was stuck in meetings all day as we discussed the effect of the recently passed telecommunications law that says we must place the number buttons in descending order rather than ascending. We actually did a marketing study on that a few years ago and found that the public doesn't like it, but we must comply with the law after all. I think when the law was passed they said it would help keep our children safe, or fight terrorism, or protect the elderly, I forget which but most laws are passed that way now. After work I headed for the Sarcasm Department office building in our sector to get a permit for a govt approved sarcasm alert sign so I could put it on my post. It turns out that there is a rift in the department and there are both laws enforcing and enjoining sarcasm. As a result, I was arrested as soon as I asked for the sign. I explained that I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I really like the mountain of laws that protect children and the elderly from paper cuts and the like. They believed me and then arrested me for not being sarcastic enough.

Last edited:
What's really sad about that, Jimmy, is that I didn't realize it was a joke until about 2/3 through it. I live in a small town (population was 850 when I decided to live here, 2,500 when I managed to move here, and closing on 16,000 now). What pisses me off is that people living in what used to be my back yard are now trying to tell me what I can or cannot do on my own property. They knew what the place was like before they came to the neighbourhood, so **** 'em.
Once I realized where you were going, though, it was pretty damned funny.

green1706 said:
Children born for what? Violence and torture against children is a fact to which we are witnesses, even if we do not want. I have seen children beaten, made to beg, crippled or abandoned by parents. If you want to be a parent but you do not have security for the future of your child, then I think you should to think twice before you give life to an innocent beings. Child care should be a priority. What you think about this? What should be done to prevent negligence and carelessness of the kids?

:frown:

make people get a license befor they can breed...
And in my country we have things called laws that are to be used to prevent these things from happening,a deterrent if you will, it does not mean it works because frankly some people are sick in the mind. But I am not really sure what your asking to be done...should these child abusers be whipped and their skin peeled off with broken glass? Sure why not but laws here prevent that and punish the abusers as well...but it dosent mean it stops it...its a humans nature to do as they want...
I don't happen to think anyone should propagate unless they can PAY for the child themselves without draining my tax money but I think that's somewhat of a separate rant for me...

jimmysnyder said:
I got up this morning and turned on NPR. There is a local ordinance that says we must watch the official news at least once a day and I like my day to go uphill, not down. However, it was not to be. The painters came early to repaint my house. Last year I painted it blue because it needed painting and I like blue, but the town historical committee said that when the house was first built it was green and I needed to paint it green to match. I got in the car which I got in the cash for clunkers program and headed for work. When I got there I poured myself a cup of tepid coffee because OSHA will fine the company if they serve coffee hot the way I like it. I was stuck in meetings all day as we discussed the effect of the recently passed telecommunications law that says we must place the number buttons in descending order rather than ascending. We actually did a marketing study on that a few years ago and found that the public doesn't like it, but we must comply with the law after all. I think when the law was passed they said it would help keep our children safe, or fight terrorism, or protect the elderly, I forget which but most laws are passed that way now. After work I headed for the Sarcasm Department office building in our sector to get a permit for a govt approved sarcasm alert sign so I could put it on my post. It turns out that there is a rift in the department and there are both laws enforcing and enjoining sarcasm. As a result, I was arrested as soon as I asked for the sign. I explained that I wasn't being sarcastic at all, I really like the mountain of laws that protect children and the elderly from paper cuts and the like. They believed me and then arrested me for not being sarcastic enough.

:rofl: I think we should ask waht for a loan for your bail money.

ideasrule said:
So you would say that people living in extreme poverty and with a history of child abuse are likely to raise happy children?

No, I doubt they are. My point is that just because someone meets a certain criteria doesn't mean they would make a good parent. There will be unhappy children in lots of different circumstances.

lincs-b said:
No, I doubt they are. My point is that just because someone meets a certain criteria doesn't mean they would make a good parent. There will be unhappy children in lots of different circumstances.

I agree with you, but laws that eliminate some unhappiness are better than ones that eliminate none at all. This is similar to the current justice system: it's impossible to eradicate all crime and impossible to catch all criminals, but that doesn't mean laws are useless.

ideasrule said:
it's impossible to eradicate all crime and impossible to catch all criminals.
I disagree. Make all human activity illegal and put everyone in prison.

ideasrule said:
I agree with you, but laws that eliminate some unhappiness are better than ones that eliminate none at all. This is similar to the current justice system: it's impossible to eradicate all crime and impossible to catch all criminals, but that doesn't mean laws are useless.

And of laws that eliminate some unhappiness but create much more? What of all the people who would have been good parents but were prevented from having children? What of the children of all the 'perfect' parents who were allowed to have children but turned out to be ***holes? What happens to a mother who accidentally has a child when she isn't allowed? and the child?

There are certain types of activities and liberties that people ought be be given and allowed to show themselves either worthy or not without anyone trying to judge them beforehand.

I have found that some of the worst parents that had the most emotionally damaged children had (what they believed to be) the best intentions. Tough love, strict and unwavering rules, curfews, spying on their kids, forcing them to do things that the kids had no interest in, but the parents themselves had always wanted to do.

When I was a teen, all my friends ran away to my house. A lot that didn't ended up dead or in jail or junkies. All because they couldn't talk to their parents. Because their parents believed that not listening to their children and imposing ridiculous punishments were the way to break your child into submission.

Saw the same thing with the friends of my children. Psycho parents that can't be bothered with trying to relate to their kids. Just impose mindless rules, mindless curfews, you can't do this, you can't do that. OF COURSE their kids rebelled. So many of these kids came to me in tears begging me to talk some sense into their parents, many wished I could adopt them. Some liked to pretend I was really their mother.

I would go pick them up when their parent's refused to. When their parent's kicked them out, I got them and took care of them until their parents cooled off and/or sobered up enough to let them come home. And we're talking about millionairs here. I had to harbor one little boy after he broke his mother's Ming vase and she called the police on him. I am not making that up.

I never enforced rules. I let my girls know from the beginning what was acceptable, and I let them know that if they made stupid choices, it would break my heart. My kids never rebelled, nothing to rebel against, they didn't get into drugs, never smoked, don't drink. Honor students. But they made these choices based on my guidance, not rules and conditions and expectations I shoved down their throats.

End of parental rant.

I thought all the parents selling children stories are only from Asia:

The trial will throw a spot-light on a marginal, alcoholic world of social and educational deprivation, passed from generation to generation, on the edge of a picturesque town in one of the most-visited parts of France. Most of the accused are unemployed. Many are unable to read or write. Several were themselves child victims of sexual abuse. A grandfather, who had abused his son when he was a child, is alleged to have aided and filmed the sexual abuse of his son's children.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/parents-accused-of-selling-children-as-66-face-charges-in-sex-abuse-trial-527128.html

lincs-b said:
Abuse can take many different forms and money also has little to do with raising happy children.

I was talking about the parents I quoted above and I think OP was also talking about the same ones.

Last edited:
rootX said:
I was talking about the parents I quoted above and I think OP was also talking about the same ones.
This reminds me a little of a joke by Rodney Dangerfield. He said he played high school football in a town that was so tough that after they sacked the quarterback, they went after his family too. The fact that the perps were unemployed and illiterate is a flimsy reason to restrict the rights of all the unemployed, all the illiterate, and of all people, the victims.

The Independent said:
Most of the accused are unemployed. Many are unable to read or write. Several were themselves child victims of sexual abuse.
Your link, your emphasis.

Last edited:
Let us not blame how's to be blamed. This is a matter of issue within us. First question to yourself is if your ready for having a child. Second is the responsibility that you can give to your child. I am a parent of 2 kids and I also have an http://www.add-adhd-teen-help.com/add-adhd/what-are-the-symptoms-of-addadhd-in-teens.html" [Broken] on me. I don't blame anyone of having this kind of situation it is just how to handle it my life and their life. Child care is an issue within ourselves not others to blame for your fault if you have one or more than one children. It is just being responsible "if your responsible enough".

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is considered child abuse?

Child abuse is any action or lack of action that leads to harm, potential harm, or threat of harm to a child. This can include physical, emotional, sexual, or neglectful behaviors.

2. What are some signs of child abuse?

Signs of child abuse can vary depending on the type of abuse. Some common signs include unexplained injuries, changes in behavior or mood, frequent absences from school, fear or avoidance of a particular person, and lack of basic care needs being met.

3. How can we prevent child abuse?

Preventing child abuse requires a community effort. Some ways to help prevent child abuse include educating yourself and others about the signs and effects of abuse, reporting any suspected abuse to the authorities, supporting and advocating for policies and programs that protect children, and providing a safe and nurturing environment for children in your own life.

4. What should I do if I suspect a child is being abused?

If you suspect a child is being abused, it is important to report it to the appropriate authorities. This can include child protective services, law enforcement, or a teacher or other trusted adult. It is important to gather any evidence or information you have, but do not confront the suspected abuser yourself.

5. How can we support children who have experienced abuse?

Supporting children who have experienced abuse is crucial for their healing process. This can include providing a safe and supportive environment, seeking professional help for the child, and showing unconditional love and understanding. It is also important to believe and validate the child's experiences and to communicate openly and honestly with them about the abuse.