Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

ChildHood Nostalgia

1. Mar 28, 2012 #1
    What does it for you to remember a good, simple time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_beS2SauHE

They don't make'em like that anymore...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2012 #2
    Generally music. Soundtracks from The Lion King, Aladdin, Toy Story, etc, etc. I had a nostalgia night a couple months ago where I watched Toy Story 1 and 2 followed by the newer third one in a single night.

4. Mar 28, 2012 #3
    Funny, seeing the title to this thread, I immediately thought: "Cartoons."

Old-school Tom & Jerry for instance.

5. Mar 28, 2012 #4
    skater_small.jpg

Oooh, also, great memories of old Disney movies on Sunday evenings, it was a tradition in my family for most of my younger years.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Mar 28, 2012 #5
    I watched way too much TV when I was a kid, so the intro music to cartoons from the late 80's and early 90's are the most nostalgia evoking. Certain smells will do it too, or finding old toys that I used to play with.

7. Mar 29, 2012 #6

OCR

8. Mar 29, 2012 #7
    there's a forum that I go to that has been running since 2004. Sometimes I like to take a random look through all the threads that have appeared throughout the years and it produces a nostalgic feeling when I find one that I remember distinctly.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook