Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Children accessing the site ?

1. Jul 27, 2008 #1
    Why do I not see any children accessing the site ? Is it true that they don't like the forums better than their friends out there, music, games ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2008 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Re: Children

They are afraid of fish

4. Jul 27, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There are young teenagers on this site. For most pre-teens, I'd say that the forum might be too advanced for them.

<hits arildno with whale blubber>

5. Jul 27, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well exam scores keep going up each year and we know the exams aren't getting (because they tell us) so I assume all the kids are discussing their grand unified theories on the tellie-tubbies site.

6. Jul 28, 2008 #5

.. because it's not really a "children" type site. This is more of a math and physics type place.

I have a young boy who plays on Webkinz. Not for hours and hours, but he likes it. What age group are you asking about...? Most older kids (15-17+) are on myspace:yuck: or facebook:yuck:.

7. Jul 28, 2008 #6

There's plenty of children on this site. It's just that most of them are in an adult body.

8. Jul 28, 2008 #7

I was 15 when I joined 3 years ago...

9. Jul 28, 2008 #8

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kids are evil anyway. The site would come to a standstill if it was filled with them.

10. Jul 28, 2008 #9

14 here.

11. Jul 28, 2008 #10

Most kids take physics junior year of high school at the earliest, and it is often poorly done. There needs to be exposure to a subject before they can take an interest.

12. Jul 29, 2008 #11

I agree. I am doing a physics course now and all I have is high school physics which was algebra based whereas this course is calculus and only having bridging Calculus course it is quite difficult to get my head around at first. More exposure and greater explanation would probably do a world of good.

13. Jul 29, 2008 #12

Don't be fooled : many people here are kids at heart :tongue2:

14. Jul 29, 2008 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Thanks, Kurdt!
    Finally, I understand why poor, undeveloped countries are generally swarming with children, whereas nice, rich countries have fewer and fewer of them.

It's the kids' fault! Thank goodness we haven't given them the right to vote..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?