Children accessing the site ?

• Thread starter yeeyee
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Why do I not see any children accessing the site ? Is it true that they don't like the forums better than their friends out there, music, games ?

Answers and Replies

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed

They are afraid of fish

Evo
Mentor

Why do I not see any children accessing the site ? Is it true that they don't like the forums better than their friends out there, music, games ?
There are young teenagers on this site. For most pre-teens, I'd say that the forum might be too advanced for them.

<hits arildno with whale blubber>

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper

For most pre-teens, I'd say that the forum might be too advanced for them.
Well exam scores keep going up each year and we know the exams aren't getting (because they tell us) so I assume all the kids are discussing their grand unified theories on the tellie-tubbies site.

Why do I not see any children accessing the site ?
.. because it's not really a "children" type site. This is more of a math and physics type place.

I have a young boy who plays on http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/" [Broken]. Not for hours and hours, but he likes it. What age group are you asking about...? Most older kids (15-17+) are on myspace:yuck: or facebook:yuck:.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarPhalange

There's plenty of children on this site. It's just that most of them are in an adult body.

I was 15 when I joined 3 years ago...

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Kids are evil anyway. The site would come to a standstill if it was filled with them.

Most kids take physics junior year of high school at the earliest, and it is often poorly done. There needs to be exposure to a subject before they can take an interest.

I agree. I am doing a physics course now and all I have is high school physics which was algebra based whereas this course is calculus and only having bridging Calculus course it is quite difficult to get my head around at first. More exposure and greater explanation would probably do a world of good.

Don't be fooled : many people here are kids at heart :tongue2:

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed

Kids are evil anyway. The site would come to a standstill if it was filled with them.
Thanks, Kurdt!
Finally, I understand why poor, undeveloped countries are generally swarming with children, whereas nice, rich countries have fewer and fewer of them.

It's the kids' fault! Thank goodness we haven't given them the right to vote..