Children fighting

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I do take offense with this kind of statements.
Your suggestion that there are humans and sub-humans and higher life and lower life humans is the core of all discrimination in human culture.

Humans come in all varieties but they are still all humans.
To call some human beings sub-human is extremely offensive to me.
I agree with Evo on her comments. I guess you will remain offended.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
ST. PETERSBURG - Police are looking seriously into charges of child abuse in the making of a video that shows two young children fighting viciously while parents watch on laughing, yelling racial slurs and prodding the children to fight more.
Well the police should. Those adults endangered the welfare of those children, and it was certainly a depraved form of human behavior, whether or not one could consider the parents 'sub-human'. If that is how those children are normally treated, what kind of adults will they become? And what will the cost be to the community be ten or more years from now?

it was certainly a depraved form of human behavior, whether or not one could consider the parents 'sub-human'.
No, if the parents are 'sub-human', then it wasn't any form of human behavior.

I detect a reluctance for some to admit that this is human behavior. The parents are human, even if one could consider them 'sub-human'. If you call a tail a leg, then how many legs does a cow have?

Averagesupernova
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Guys this is really a catch 22. Moonbear, you mentioned teaching these kids social skills. You are quite correct, but before some kids can even utilize social skills, they need to learn the survival skills required by their immediate neighborhood. They don't have the luxury or ability to just skip out of their home neighborhood and move to something better. They have to deal with what they have been handed. I'm not saying it's right, but it's the way things are.

I detect a reluctance for some to admit that this is human behavior. The parents are human, even if one could consider them 'sub-human'. If you call a tail a leg, then how many legs does a cow have?
Exactly!

Dehumanization is what can lead to war, slavery, racial hatred, Abu Ghraib etc. Dehumanization is the total disrespect for who we are.

To call some human beings sub-human is extremely offensive to me.
I remember seeing a video of a guy messing around with a skateboard and then I don't remember what happened, but for some reason he started hitting some guy over the head with the trucks of his skateboard. That guy hit over the head died that night or the next day. Another video I recall watching was some group of kids thinking it would be fun to kick some dog laying on the ground a bunch of times. Another video which many people have probably seen is the one in which some gangster talks about how he dont care bout nobody/whatever and then takes a crowbar to a passing car's windows and whatever....

Now, those are just videos that I have seen. There are people who rape/kill/torture/whatever who are much worse than those who I mentioned. Many people have such a disregard for human life, that they would be able to kill thousands with their bare hands without feeling any emotion, except for joy in the even more twisted ones.

It is offensive to ME to be categorized in the same group as those people.

EDIT: Actually, it's not offensive to me at all, I just added that in there just to add to the drama :biggrin: