Children watching my TV and the Extenze

• Thread starter WhoWee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Children
In summary, the conversation is about the annoyance and overexposure of "Extenze" commercials, particularly their timing during family-friendly hours. The person expressing their frustration has seen the commercials countless times and is tired of them. They also mention a thread discussing the commercials on a forum about skepticism and debunking.
WhoWee
Is anyone else tired of seeing the "Extenze" commercials?
http://www.4extenze.net/?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=3525&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

These "male enhancement" commercials used to air every 15 minutes at 2:00 AM, now they're even on in prime time. I've actually had situations when there were 7 or 8 young children watching my TV and the Extenze couple or worse yet, the "can't stop smiling guy" comes on and I've had to distract the kids. Please don't tell me I'm being over-protective - that's not the discussion.

I've easily seen the commercials over 200 times and I've had enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I understand the concerns about the frequency and content of certain commercials, such as those for "male enhancement" products like Extenze. While it may seem like overprotectiveness to some, it is important to consider the impact these commercials can have on young children who are still developing their understanding of sexuality and appropriate behavior. Exposure to these types of commercials at a young age can shape their attitudes and expectations about relationships and their own bodies.

Furthermore, the effectiveness and safety of products like Extenze have not been scientifically proven, and there are potential risks associated with their use. As scientists, we have a responsibility to promote evidence-based information and discourage the promotion of products that make exaggerated claims or lack sufficient research to support their efficacy.

In addition, the frequency of these commercials can also be a concern for parents and caregivers who may struggle to explain the content to their children or feel the need to constantly distract them from it. This can be a source of stress and frustration for families.

It is important for media companies to consider the impact of their advertisements on different audiences and to exercise responsible advertising practices. As scientists, we can advocate for more responsible and respectful advertising that is mindful of the impact on young viewers and promotes accurate information. Ultimately, it is up to us as parents, caregivers, and society as a whole to create a more positive and healthy media environment for our children.

1. What is Extenze and why is it advertised during children's TV shows?

Extenze is a brand of male enhancement supplement that is advertised on various media platforms, including children's TV shows. The company behind Extenze claims that it can improve sexual performance and increase penis size. However, the effectiveness and safety of this product have not been scientifically proven, and its advertising during children's TV shows raises ethical concerns.

2. Is it safe for children to see ads for Extenze on TV?

While there is no direct harm in children seeing ads for Extenze, the product is not intended for their age group and may promote unhealthy attitudes towards sexuality and body image. Parents should be aware of what their children are watching and discuss these advertisements with them.

3. Can exposure to Extenze ads on TV lead to children trying the product?

There is no evidence to suggest that children are more likely to try Extenze or any other male enhancement supplement due to exposure to ads on TV. However, parents should educate their children about the potential dangers of these products and discourage their use.

4. Are there any regulations on advertising male enhancement supplements on children's TV shows?

In the United States, there are no specific regulations on advertising male enhancement supplements on TV. However, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has strict guidelines for deceptive advertising and has taken action against companies making false claims about their products. Parents can also file a complaint with the FTC if they believe an ad is inappropriate for children's TV.

5. What should I do if my child asks about Extenze after seeing an ad on TV?

It is important to have an open and honest conversation with your child about the product and its intended use. Explain that these types of products are not meant for children and can be potentially harmful. Use this as an opportunity to educate your child on healthy attitudes towards their body and sexuality.