Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chili cake

1. Oct 13, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I have been experimenting and found this cake to be rather tasty so,
    mix up a cake bater, butter a pudding bowl then sprinkle brown sugar all
    over, put a little of the mixture in the bowl and stud it with cherries and
    your favorite fresh choped chili, layer until all the mixture is used up, it takes twice as long to cook in the pudding bowl but it leaves a lovely crunchy crust, and the sweet cherry and chili taste is fantasamastic.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 13, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

What in the bloody hell is 'chopped chili'? I might have to withdraw from your contest if you weren't offering up what I would consider a chili cake.

4. Oct 14, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

chili = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chile_pepper

And chopped is when one uses ones chopper to divide a whole thing in to
    many small bits.

Perhaps (chili) is different in Canidan?:tongue2:

Or perchance (chopped), if you have a( lamb chop) that( is) part of a lamb that has been chopped off of the whole lamb,------ there is no lamb in my cake.

:rofl:

5. Oct 14, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Okay, got you now. Over here, those are referred to as 'chili-peppers'. The single word 'chili' generally means 'chili con carne', a kind of stew made with ground beef, peppers, beans, etc..

6. Oct 14, 2006 #5

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now I've read this I'm less inclined to help out any further in your hydraulic stepper motor query!

You're a culinary wrong-un, Mr Wool.

7. Oct 14, 2006 #6

Danger

Gold Member

Agreed. That concoction sounds as if it would gag a maggot.

8. Oct 14, 2006 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Chile cake? Hmmmmm, that makes me hungry for tuna ice cream.

9. Oct 14, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Well i will be, i am crest fallen, cut to the quick:grumpy: , you have to try these culinary delights b efore you can rubbish them, trust me my cake is nice:smile: sigh, i guess there are no epicures here like what i am.

10. Oct 14, 2006 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I used to like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

11. Oct 14, 2006 #10

Danger

Gold Member

I certainly hope not. One is sufficient.

12. Oct 14, 2006 #11

wolram

Gold Member

Honest Danger i am not taking the Pee, just try eating a glassiated cherry with a little slice of chili pepper and sweet cake, you will thank me for the experiance in the end, nay ,you will bow down to me as your food god.

13. Oct 14, 2006 #12

Danger

Gold Member

I have no doubt that I'd be bowing down... in front of the porcelain receptacle. :yuck:

14. Oct 14, 2006 #13

radou

Homework Helper

I'm currently having digestive problems, and the title of this thread contributed to their complete evaluation.

15. Oct 14, 2006 #14

wolram

Gold Member

Well i had two big wedges of my cake and the taste was just so good i did not want to swallow, it seems i am knocking my head against a brick wall with you food dead heads, perhaps you should stick to burger king, or the deep freeze section of the super market and leave me to the more adventurous raptuous delights of good cooking :tongue2:

16. Oct 14, 2006 #15

Danger

Gold Member

And your own definitions... :rolleyes:

17. Oct 14, 2006 #16

turbo

Gold Member

Don't despair Woolie! Like you, I have a fondness for hot food, and am not afraid to experiment. I don't eat sweets much (no cake for me), but I am not above making sweet/hot sauces to grill meats and seafood with. Here is a shot of one of our cabinets filled with jars of hot salsas. The tiny jars are either 100% habanero or 50:50 habanero and jalapeno. The orange-looking ones are a mix of green and orange habaneros, and the two slightly larger red ones at the top center are 100% fully ripened habaneros. You don't want to put a spoonful of that on your taco - it's strictly for cooking. This morning, we had wild-blackberry pancakes for breakfast. Maybe I'll try chili-pepper pancakes tomorrow with maple syrup. Mmmmm! :tongue2:

[​IMG]

18. Oct 14, 2006 #17

Danger

Gold Member

You two deserve each other.

19. Oct 14, 2006 #18
    Is it any thing like beef fudge? Because that was disgusting!! you find little chunks of beef in with chocolate and whatever else is in normal fudge. I actually gagged worst thing I have ever tasted but I could find you the recipe if you like?

20. Oct 14, 2006 #19

wolram

Gold Member

Wow, that is awsome, but it is not fair for folk to belittle my creation, one has to brave at the forfront of food science, it will only take one of you to try my cake for the word to spread as to my greatness.

21. Oct 14, 2006 #20
    I will try it if you can promise me its not as much of a aquired taste as beef fudge?!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?