Chili cake

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
rhuthwaite said:
I didn't actually make your recipe I just tried cherries and sliced chilli on cake
I am guessing you are are a young vibrant type person willing to stick your fork into the exotic tastes of life, but ooops :blushing: may be wrong, anyways up we can leave the trogladites to their shop bought curry :smile:

turbo-1 said:
I wonder what bacon fudge would taste like. Just substitute crispy bacon for the nuts... I like bacon with almost anything.
Sounds good to me. I like peanut butter and bacon on toast sandwiches.

turbo
Gold Member
BTW, this is not our year's store of pepper sauces and salsas!. It is only the stuff that we crammed into a little wall cabinet. There is a lot more in our pantry! I have dug up quite a few habanero and jalapeno plants and gave them to my brother in the hopes that he will keep them productive over the winter (on his glassed-in porch) and will replant them when I till a new garden spot for him next spring.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1127097&postcount=16

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Woolie you're more than welcome to send me a sample of your chilli cake, if you do so I'll send you some of my fenugreek flapjack and we can compare notes.

Turbo, your cupboard looks AMAZING!

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Chile cake? Hmmmmm, that makes me hungry for tuna ice cream.
mmm.... chicken ripple :tongue2: ...
liver 'n' onion sorbet...

turbo
Gold Member
brewnog said:
Turbo, your cupboard looks AMAZING!
The great part is that everything in there is HOT to various degrees (some are deadly), and there's a couple of dozen more jars in the pantry - we ran out of room in the cupboard after the first few batches of hot sauces. I have to make a big batch of pizza sauce tomorrow - time to break out the red habanero sauce and see how potent it is after aging for a month or so.

wolram
Gold Member
Can one OD on chili? i had a rather hot one this morning, and my belly feels like billy bunter is doing cart wheels in it, and growl :surprised

turbo
Gold Member
wolram said:
Can one OD on chili? i had a rather hot one this morning, and my belly feels like billy bunter is doing cart wheels in it, and growl :surprised
I don't know about that. I have "pushed the envelope" often only to feel pretty good the next day, so I can't say that I have had a negative reaction to chilis. I love hot food!

moo
Hi all,

Lol, why the amazement at chili-pepper cake? Doesn't anyone here eat pancakes and sausage?

I like grape jelly, cheese, and jalapenos on buttered toast. Or sometimes just bacon and jelly or cheese and jelly on toast.

This kinda stuff mostly happens at breakfast though, maybe 'cause we just ain't awake yet... :biggrin:

moo

wolram
Gold Member
moo said:
Hi all,

Lol, why the amazement at chili-pepper cake? Doesn't anyone here eat pancakes and sausage?

I like grape jelly, cheese, and jalapenos on buttered toast. Or sometimes just bacon and jelly or cheese and jelly on toast.

This kinda stuff mostly happens at breakfast though, maybe 'cause we just ain't awake yet... :biggrin:

moo
Oh come on, :uhh: this is going to far :biggrin:

I once tried a chilli chocolate cake my aunt made - it was supposed to be basically brownies, but went kind of wrong and went pudding-ish - but it was actually even nicer. It had a little chilli powder in it, which gave it a hot bite rather similar to ginger. Fantastic.

wolram
Gold Member
Sojourner01 said:
I once tried a chilli chocolate cake my aunt made - it was supposed to be basically brownies, but went kind of wrong and went pudding-ish - but it was actually even nicer. It had a little chilli powder in it, which gave it a hot bite rather similar to ginger. Fantastic.

Now this sounds on the right lines, i have tried to perfect my ginger and chili jelly (jam) trouble is i can not get that (roundness) of taste.
Any ideas Turbo? it would be excellent on scones with clotted cream:approve:

turbo
Gold Member
moo said:

moo
My wife makes killer hot-pepper jellies. The nieces and nephews have learned that green=jalapeno (not too, too hot:tongue2:) and that pink=habanero (you'd better be serious about dealing with the heat). The jellies are both sweet and hot and they go really well with cheese or cream cheese on crackers, toast, etc.

moo
Hehe, we still have an unopened jar or two of habaneros. IMO they are a wee bit sadistic though, as I also like the actual taste of peppers (especially pickled jalapenos).

Habaneros are more like battery acid, all burn and no flavor (should be good for adding lotsa heat to large quantities though). :biggrin:

moo

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Chile cake? Hmmmmm, that makes me hungry for tuna ice cream.
Right, let me tell you about salt herrings with whip cream