Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chimpanzee rips woman's face off

1. Feb 22, 2009 #1
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29309087/ [Broken]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29300645/ [Broken]

There are more articles with more information, however, I was unable to quickly find them.

I was told the owner of the chimp did virtually everything with it, from eating to bathing. How unfortunate for the victim.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2009 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Poe was a clairvoyant, predicting such attacks in his Mystery of Rue Morgue story. :smile:

Poor lady, though..

4. Feb 22, 2009 #3
    The idea of keeping wild animals at home is utterly stupid. I have the same opinion about pets, but that's neither here nor there.

Last I've heard, the lady was in stable condition. Had I been in her position though, I would have preferred death.

5. Feb 23, 2009 #4
    attack was out of jealousy... woman was showing attention to her friend rather than the chimp

very strange news - why is it that people keep animals capable of such things as pets?

6. Feb 23, 2009 #5
    I didn't read the articles because it's been on the news since like a week ago here in NJ. It's kind of crazy really. It doesn't surprise me though. If you search google, you can find about the Tiger Lady living in Jackson, NJ. She owned tigers and one escaped! Like it ran wild for a little while (a couple days). More people own crazy pets than you'd think (or hope).

7. Feb 23, 2009 #6
    Do you guys really have grizzlies looting your trash like the showed in the Sopranos?

8. Feb 24, 2009 #7
    Not grizzlies. At least not by me. We have black bears up north. We've had cayotes or wolves before, but I'm not sure which. I'm in central Jersey, so we don't get the crazy animals...except that tiger! It was walking around in the southern part of my town!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook