Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

China - Chi Haotian

1. Aug 10, 2008 #1
    I had this article emailed to me, and I want to see if there are others here who have seen this "speech" to know if it is legit or not. I googled and found the entire article on a website, and I will post the link to the website instead of copying and pasting the entire article as it is long. I have no idea to the credibility of this online newspaper, it just appears they have the same article in its entirety, so I used the link to save space.

If this speech is legitimate, it is very disturbing. If it is something someone wrote for scare tactics, it is equally disturbing!

(ps - when I previewed this post, the website now comes up with question marks all over? I don't know if I did something wrong, but it seems the article is intact, just annoying to read if you see the question marks......)
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2008 #2

Homework Helper

I think you want to be a little careful putting a lot of meaning in the epochtimes articles. They definitely have an anti-Chinese Communist Party bias. They apparently feel persecuted by the CCP because of their coverage of the Falun Gong.

" Let us join forces to resist violence! We must eliminate the dark forces of the CCP's spies, stop the damage the wicked CCP has done to the human race, and protect the fundamental dignity and civilizations of mankind.

The author is the CEO of the Epoch News Group, the parent company of The Epoch Times. "

4. Aug 11, 2008 #3
    Did you not read my post? I do not read the epochtimes. It was just the first source when I googled for this speech, as I didn't want to copy and paste my email. So since you apparently know about epochtimes, please quote your sources if you believe they wrote the article. Your link did not support my question.

I am trying to find out if this is a hoax, or if Chi Haotian said this speech.
  5. Aug 11, 2008 #4
    I have not found any credibility for a source of the speech.
  6. Aug 11, 2008 #5
  7. Aug 11, 2008 #6
    Yeah, I agree that no one in their right mind would say that kind of stuff. But I also have a hard time understanding stuff Hitler said. And that is in history books, not spam email......

That blog was funny!
  8. Aug 11, 2008 #7

Homework Helper

Yes. Of course I did read your post. In particular I was responding to:
    I think on the basis of the statements made by the owner of the site, and posted elsewhere on his site, he reveals a great deal of bias against the CCP - of which Chi Haotian would be a member of the ruling faction.

I'm unsure that Mr. John Z. Tang, given the bias represented by his statements, would necessarily authenticate his sources and the context in which they may have been made, if the inflammatory nature of the comments he posted met his apparent political agenda. My suspicions of his journalistic standards are quite high.
  9. Aug 11, 2008 #8
    That speech reads like something out of an 80's action/spy movie.
  10. Aug 11, 2008 #9

Homework Helper

It is chock full of rhetoric to be sure. The OP references it already from 2005. Its credibility is further compromised by the fact that Chi Haotian is no longer Defense Minister having been replaced in that office in 2003.

The article posted earlier from imagethief blog discusses it as having been sourced to a white supremacist site - though the links are dead and that cannot be readily confirmed.

Given the elevated tensions then between the Falun Gong and the Chinese Communist Party, which is confirmed, I would have to think that anything goes, as far as propaganda.

As far as the Chinese government itself publicly discussing a war of racial genocide based on sophisticated biological agents, ... that would presuppose that they would just be stupid ... an idea that my experience anyway cannot support.
  11. Aug 11, 2008 #10
    Who sent you the E-mail?
  12. Aug 12, 2008 #11

I suppose the difference lies in the fact that hitler was indeed the nazi party leader and was in almost complete power when he started making most of views public. And he did not really freely give up his military strategies on the podium, to the best of my (limited) knowledge anyway.

It amazes me that someone went to the trouble of writing this very long speech though, and didn't even put the effort in to make it slightly believable...

.....what a waist of time
  13. Aug 12, 2008 #12
    While I think the speech was fake, I think it hits on some problems and dangers we will be facing in the near future. Mainly war for resources, and the biological threat is real too. One scary thing is that the same type of propaganda goes on against the U.S. all over the place. North Koreans honestly believe that the U.S. is planning on invading them.

Here is a list of countries who have weapons of mass destruction. Note how many countries have biological weapons.
  14. Aug 13, 2008 #13
    You mean they're not??
  15. Aug 13, 2008 #14
    Why would they, there's not enough oil there.
  16. Aug 13, 2008 #15

Good point
  17. Aug 14, 2008 #16
    One reason why I think it must be a fake is that the "plan" is stated that they will warn the U.S. to leave the country before unleashing the plague. That would give them away and we would nuke the #$% out of them. Secondly, where would they expect everyone to go?

"From a humanitarian perspective, we should issue a warning to the American people and persuade them to leave America and leave the land they have lived in to the Chinese people. Or at least they should leave half of the United States to be China�s colony, because America was first discovered by the Chinese. But would this work? If this strategy does not work, then there is only one choice left to us. That is, use decisive means to �clean up� America, and reserve America for our use in a moment. Our historical experience has proven that as long as we make it happen, nobody in the world can do anything about us. Furthermore, if the United States as the leader is gone, then other enemies have to surrender to us."
  18. Aug 14, 2008 #17

Homework Helper

I'd say it's hard to focus on a snowflake in a blizzard.
  19. Sep 4, 2008 #18
    As a Chinese, I am pretty sure a leader of our country won't say something stupid like that.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?