China's Chi Haotian Speech: Legit or Scam?

• Thread starter Ms Music
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chi China
In summary, the article does not provide much credibility to the speech, as the author has a clear bias against the Chinese Communist Party. Additionally, the speech seems to be from an era long ago, and does not seem to be from someone with any significant authority.
Ms Music
I had this article emailed to me, and I want to see if there are others here who have seen this "speech" to know if it is legit or not. I googled and found the entire article on a website, and I will post the link to the website instead of copying and pasting the entire article as it is long. I have no idea to the credibility of this online newspaper, it just appears they have the same article in its entirety, so I used the link to save space.

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/5-8-8/31055.html"

If this speech is legitimate, it is very disturbing. If it is something someone wrote for scare tactics, it is equally disturbing!

(ps - when I previewed this post, the website now comes up with question marks all over? I don't know if I did something wrong, but it seems the article is intact, just annoying to read if you see the question marks...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you want to be a little careful putting a lot of meaning in the epochtimes articles. They definitely have an anti-Chinese Communist Party bias. They apparently feel persecuted by the CCP because of their coverage of the Falun Gong.

" Let us join forces to resist violence! We must eliminate the dark forces of the CCP's spies, stop the damage the wicked CCP has done to the human race, and protect the fundamental dignity and civilizations of mankind.

The author is the CEO of the Epoch News Group, the parent company of The Epoch Times. "

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/6-2-13/38105.html

Did you not read my post? I do not read the epochtimes. It was just the first source when I googled for this speech, as I didn't want to copy and paste my email. So since you apparently know about epochtimes, please quote your sources if you believe they wrote the article. Your link did not support my question.

I am trying to find out if this is a hoax, or if Chi Haotian said this speech.

I have not found any credibility for a source of the speech.

It looks like BS, in reality, who in their right mind would make such a speech?

here's some more info

http://news.imagethief.com/blogs/china/archive/2005/08/21/4012.aspx"

Yeah, I agree that no one in their right mind would say that kind of stuff. But I also have a hard time understanding stuff Hitler said. And that is in history books, not spam email...

That blog was funny!

Ms Music said:
Did you not read my post?

Yes. Of course I did read your post. In particular I was responding to:
"I have no idea to the credibility of this online newspaper, ..."

I think on the basis of the statements made by the owner of the site, and posted elsewhere on his site, he reveals a great deal of bias against the CCP - of which Chi Haotian would be a member of the ruling faction.

I'm unsure that Mr. John Z. Tang, given the bias represented by his statements, would necessarily authenticate his sources and the context in which they may have been made, if the inflammatory nature of the comments he posted met his apparent political agenda. My suspicions of his journalistic standards are quite high.

That speech reads like something out of an 80's action/spy movie.

WarPhalange said:
That speech reads like something out of an 80's action/spy movie.

It is chock full of rhetoric to be sure. The OP references it already from 2005. Its credibility is further compromised by the fact that Chi Haotian is no longer Defense Minister having been replaced in that office in 2003.

The article posted earlier from imagethief blog discusses it as having been sourced to a white supremacist site - though the links are dead and that cannot be readily confirmed.

Given the elevated tensions then between the Falun Gong and the Chinese Communist Party, which is confirmed, I would have to think that anything goes, as far as propaganda.

As far as the Chinese government itself publicly discussing a war of racial genocide based on sophisticated biological agents, ... that would presuppose that they would just be stupid ... an idea that my experience anyway cannot support.

Who sent you the E-mail?

Ms Music said:
Yeah, I agree that no one in their right mind would say that kind of stuff. But I also have a hard time understanding stuff Hitler said. And that is in history books, not spam email...

I suppose the difference lies in the fact that hitler was indeed the nazi party leader and was in almost complete power when he started making most of views public. And he did not really freely give up his military strategies on the podium, to the best of my (limited) knowledge anyway.

It amazes me that someone went to the trouble of writing this very long speech though, and didn't even put the effort into make it slightly believable...

...what a waist of time

While I think the speech was fake, I think it hits on some problems and dangers we will be facing in the near future. Mainly war for resources, and the biological threat is real too. One scary thing is that the same type of propaganda goes on against the U.S. all over the place. North Koreans honestly believe that the U.S. is planning on invading them.

http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/wmd_state.htm

Here is a list of countries who have weapons of mass destruction. Note how many countries have biological weapons.

sketchtrack said:
North Koreans honestly believe that the U.S. is planning on invading them.

You mean they're not??

gareth said:
You mean they're not??

Why would they, there's not enough oil there.

sketchtrack said:
Why would they, there's not enough oil there.

Good point

One reason why I think it must be a fake is that the "plan" is stated that they will warn the U.S. to leave the country before unleashing the plague. That would give them away and we would nuke the #$% out of them. Secondly, where would they expect everyone to go?

"From a humanitarian perspective, we should issue a warning to the American people and persuade them to leave America and leave the land they have lived into the Chinese people. Or at least they should leave half of the United States to be China�s colony, because America was first discovered by the Chinese. But would this work? If this strategy does not work, then there is only one choice left to us. That is, use decisive means to �clean up� America, and reserve America for our use in a moment. Our historical experience has proven that as long as we make it happen, nobody in the world can do anything about us. Furthermore, if the United States as the leader is gone, then other enemies have to surrender to us."

sketchtrack said:
One reason why I think it must be a fake is that the "plan" is stated that they will warn the U.S. to leave the country before unleashing the plague. That would give them away and we would nuke the #$% out of them. Secondly, where would they expect everyone to go?

I'd say it's hard to focus on a snowflake in a blizzard.

Ms Music said:
Did you not read my post? I do not read the epochtimes. It was just the first source when I googled for this speech, as I didn't want to copy and paste my email. So since you apparently know about epochtimes, please quote your sources if you believe they wrote the article. Your link did not support my question.

I am trying to find out if this is a hoax, or if Chi Haotian said this speech.
As a Chinese, I am pretty sure a leader of our country won't say something stupid like that.

1. Is the Chi Haotian speech real or a scam?

There is no concrete evidence to validate or debunk the authenticity of the Chi Haotian speech. It is up to the individual to critically examine the available information and make their own judgement.

2. Who is Chi Haotian and why is his speech significant?

Chi Haotian is a retired Chinese military general. His speech gained attention due to its controversial content, which some believe reveals China's true intentions and plans for global domination.

3. What are the main points of the Chi Haotian speech?

The main points of the speech include China's plans for population control, military expansion, and economic dominance. Chi Haotian also discusses the use of biological warfare and the need for nuclear weapons.

4. Is there any evidence to support the claims made in the Chi Haotian speech?

There is no concrete evidence to support the claims made in the speech. Some argue that the Chinese government's actions, such as their one-child policy and military expansion, align with the ideas presented in the speech. However, these actions can also be explained by other factors and do not necessarily prove the validity of the speech.

5. What are the implications of the Chi Haotian speech?

The implications of the speech are highly debated. Some believe that it is a warning of China's true intentions and the need for other countries to take action. Others dismiss it as propaganda or a hoax. Regardless, the speech has sparked discussions and raised concerns about China's role in global affairs.